Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi Installation Fail

New Orbi Installation Fail

I have a Netgear N900 Wireless dual band router that works fine within 1000 sq ft.

I want to extend my range to 3500 sq ft.

I bought the ORBI RBK23W/AC2200 unit.  I used mobile app and tried to install according to instructions on app.  But.....After I made connection to ORBI router and power supply, it just sits there.  The white light went through it's sequence and then went out.    My phone app is sitting on next and won't go pass this point.

So now I am reconnected to the N900 router and have a paperweight.  Any suggestions on connectivity to ORBI.

Message 1 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

So you are keeping your original router and using Orbi as an AP?

Or are you removing your old router and replacing with Orbi?

Regardless of above, what is the make/model of your modem that your previous router is connected to?

Message 2 of 9

Am relacing the Netgear N900 router with the Orbi. 

Have a new ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem Model SB6183.  

the new modem works with the N900 router but when I switch out to ORBI router..it doesn't work.  

I have rebooted modem, desktop and ORBI various times

Message 3 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

I think it would be best to install it using a PC and being wired to Orbi... do you have that capability?

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

DId you power OFF the 6183 modem along with the RBR for 30 seconds, then power ON the modem first and let it sync, then power ON the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC? 

@BeckieStewart wrote:

I have a Netgear N900 Wireless dual band router that works fine within 1000 sq ft.

I want to extend my range to 3500 sq ft.

I bought the ORBI RBK23W/AC2200 unit.  I used mobile app and tried to install according to instructions on app.  But.....After I made connection to ORBI router and power supply, it just sits there.  The white light went through it's sequence and then went out.    My phone app is sitting on next and won't go pass this point.

So now I am reconnected to the N900 router and have a paperweight.  Any suggestions on connectivity to ORBI.

Message 5 of 9

Yes.  I did.  I will try Chuck's suggestion tomorrow.

Message 6 of 9

I will try that tomorrow.  I tried various scenarios today.  Start fresh tomorrow.  This for the suggestion.  

Message 7 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

Hang in there and dont panic.  As you try to install/configure via the wired PC, if you hit a snag be sure to tag in here before giving up; there is always someone in here for a quick response.  Good luck!

Message 8 of 9

Sorry... Been too long.  That did work but kept telling me I was going to unsafe sites.  Scraped th e Levi and just got another router and will get an extended or move!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7