Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi RBK30

jmbarbs
Apprentice

New Orbi RBK30

Whilst i like the idea of the new orbi RBK30 and the fact consumers will be able to swap and pick the units best suited for their home environment i would have liked to see Netgear work on fixing the current model to rid of all the bugs rather than releasing new products so soon after RBK50 launch. I for one would have liked to look at the wall plug satelite recently announced, but there is zero chance im comitting anymore money to these products until the current issues have been dealt with (ios drops for one).

Am hoping they release a fix for the current issues alongside the new products because if they cant fix one product in a timely manner we have no chance when they have multiple products using the same technology

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

What issues?

Message 2 of 6
jmbarbs
Apprentice

ios drops

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ah that would explain why I haven't seen that issue... I have 90 devices connected to ours, but no iOS devices in our family.

Message 4 of 6
jmbarbs
Apprentice

Every other device i have connected works well at very high speeds, its a fantastic system, just problematic (in my case) for apple devices, which adds to the frustration as most of our house uses apple gear

Message 5 of 6

well at least we know what the dev team have been doing instead of getting to the bugs and stuff , would have made more sense to get the rbk50 system right first before dropping in these crippled sats

btw checking the specs on the rbw30 it has less ram and flash than the others as well

all others have 4GB flash and 512MB RAM

rbw30 has 256MB flash and 256MB RAM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7