Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi RBK50 - Suggested Firmware and Settings

iarsenal85
Aspirant

New Orbi RBK50 - Suggested Firmware and Settings

Hey guys,

What suggestions do you have on what firmware to run to minimize any issues? Any specific settings?

Thanks!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New Orbi RBK50 - Suggested Firmware and Settings

I set up my friends 50 series using this process:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi is connected too?

Any network LAN switches in the mix? if so, what is the Mfr and model of the switch?

Message 2 of 6
iarsenal85
Aspirant

I will double check on the cable modem model, but it is a Spectrum setup cable modem 3.1 docsis no wifi cabapilities. No switches in between. This is replacing my Cisco 1602e setup.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok just checking for a router built into the modem. Stand alone modem is preferred. If your not using any switches, thats fine. If you do, just make sure they are NON Managed switches.

You should be fine if you want to follow what I did on my friends system.

Message 4 of 6
iarsenal85
Aspirant

Just plugged it up and rebooted my cable modem. Followed the setup through browser and let it upgrade on its own. Satellite upgraded fine on its own. Speed test 450/23 on my 400/20 Spectrum plan. So far so good on coverage throughout the house and in my yard, half acre property. Let's see if it stays stable.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good. Glad it's up and running. Post back if you have any problems or questions.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7