Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - Orbi RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.7.2.104 Released

Aggie88
Apprentice

Your answer makes me think about what I said.  I am on Circle version 1 and that hasn't been affected for me.  Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Message 126 of 184
RJW84
Aspirant

First post on here since looking to throw my RBR50/RBS50 setup in the bin...

Have just updated to V2.7.2.104 and now my system is dropping connection every 5 minutes and unuseable for work. I'm currently tethering off my phone.

The system was perfect up until this update.

Can I roll back to the previous software?

Cheers.

Message 127 of 184
vajim
Master

@RJW84 wrote:

Cheers.

Yes

Go to the downloads section here (above) and enter model number.

Some have done it from the pc login page look for manual update.

Please let us know how it goes.

Message 128 of 184
jvetro
Aspirant

Good day, does this firmware version resolve the issue with ethernet backhaul or is Firmware V2.5.1.16 still the latest to support this?

My Setup : Hitron ISP Router (Wifi Disabled) (1Gb/ 50Mb) > RBR50 (V2.5.1.16) > RBS50 (V2.5.1.16) (All connected through Ethernet Backhaul)

Message 129 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Only item you'll see is this with v104:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-Have-You-Installed-V2-7-2-104/m-p/2055265/highlight/true...

@jvetro wrote:

Good day, does this firmware version resolve the issue with ethernet backhaul or is Firmware V2.5.1.16 still the latest to support this?

My Setup : Hitron ISP Router (Wifi Disabled) (1Gb/ 50Mb) > RBR50 (V2.5.1.16) > RBS50 (V2.5.1.16) (All connected through Ethernet Backhaul)

Message 130 of 184
vajim
Master

@RJW84 wrote:

First post on here since looking to throw my RBR50/RBS50 setup in the bin...

Have just updated to V2.7.2.104 and now my system is dropping connection every 5 minutes and unuseable for work. I'm currently tethering off my phone.

The system was perfect up until this update.

Cheers.

any progress?

Message 131 of 184
RJW84
Aspirant

I've done a clean install and still having a few niggles but definitely better than it was.

The RDS50 in the shed (10m away from RBR50) was having the most issues, and only picking up the 2.4ghz feed, but after lots of swearing at it and a couple of resets, seems to be holding a strong 5ghz connection now.

Message 132 of 184
vajim
Master

@RJW84 wrote:

I've done a clean install and still having a few niggles but definitely better than it was.

The RDS50 in the shed (10m away from RBR50) was having the most issues, and only picking up the 2.4ghz feed, but after lots of swearing at it and a couple of resets, seems to be holding a strong 5ghz connection now.

10m (32.8084 feet) is a bit beyond the recommended 30 feet or 9.144m

Message 133 of 184

Hi,

Just to let you know I did the upgrade from V2.6.1.40 to V2.7.2.104 version and had no issues.
First upgrade the satellites and then the RBR50.

update.png

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 134 of 184
vajim
Master

@LuizAlmeida wrote:

Hi,

Just to let you know I did the upgrade from V2.6.1.40 to V2.7.2.104 version and had no issues.

update.png

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

keep an eye on it 

Message 135 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Please add your experiences here as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-Have-You-Installed-V2-7-2-104/m-p/2055212

Thank you. 

@LuizAlmeida wrote:

Hi,

update.png

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Message 136 of 184
jvetro
Aspirant

So what I am reading is that .102 or .104 will fix the wired backhaul issue, but I may experience some ARP issues for the first 5 minutes.  The issue I had before was the backhaul status was not showing as wired, I downgraded to 2.5.1.16 to have this work.

Can someone please confirm before I spend time this weekend in upgrading?  Thank you in advance.

Message 137 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, v102 and v104 work with ethernet back haul. Just this odd ARP storm is seen for about 2 minutes then stops, only if and when the RBS are ethernet connected to the RBR. 

@jvetro wrote:

So what I am reading is that .102 or .104 will fix the wired backhaul issue, but I may experience some ARP issues for the first 5 minutes.  The issue I had before was the backhaul status was not showing as wired, I downgraded to 2.5.1.16 to have this work.

Can someone please confirm before I spend time this weekend in upgrading?  Thank you in advance.

Message 138 of 184
vajim
Master

Keep on eye on any update

Message 139 of 184
ktula
Apprentice

Updated the router and the two satellites to this firmware last night and now anything that connects to one of the satellites is unable to connect to sites outside the home network.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 140 of 184
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Power off the satellite for 1 min. Afterwards power on and check the state in the web admin GUI.

But be patient. This can take a few minutes. 

Message 141 of 184
ktula
Apprentice

I powered off the satellite but didn’t wait for a minute. I’ll try that later. While I was having the issue, the browser would only connect to orbilogin.com or routelogin.net but it was connecting to the satellite instead of the main router.
Message 142 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

It's recommended to power OFF the ISP modem and entire Orbi system for 1 minute after a FW update, then back on with the modem first, then RBR, then RBS...

Message 143 of 184
vajim
Master

@ktula wrote:
I powered off the satellite but didn’t wait for a minute. I’ll try that later. While I was having the issue, the browser would only connect to orbilogin.com or routelogin.net but it was connecting to the satellite instead of the main router.

Maybe it's time to roll your firmware back and stop with the 1000 questions 

Message 144 of 184
ktula
Apprentice

@vajim wrote:

@ktula wrote:

Is the sole purpose of this Netgear Community for someone llike you to whine about users asking legitimate questions?

Message 145 of 184
vajim
Master

@ktula wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@ktula wrote:

Is the sole purpose of this Netgear Community for someone llike you to whine about users asking legitimate questions?

I missed the whine part 

Message 146 of 184
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

Vajim's lack of knowledge and experience, your mileage may vary. >vajim. User beware. Smiley Frustrated

@ktula wrote:

Message 147 of 184
ktula
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

It's recommended to power OFF the ISP modem and entire Orbi system for 1 minute after a FW update, then back on with the modem first, then RBR, then RBS...

The satellite most likely had a bad firmware upgrade. No amount of power cycling could resolve the issue. Eventually, i did a factory reset on the satellite. It didn't work after the first factory reset so i repeated it the second time (i put the reset button with a pin while the satellite is powered off for 7 seconds, and just to make sure, i also did that for 7 seconds while it's powered on). The second factory reset appeared to have worked.

Message 148 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Sometimes a reset is needed. I recommend 15 seconds press to reset.

Glad you got it working. 

@ktula wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

The satellite most likely had a bad firmware upgrade. No amount of power cycling could resolve the issue. Eventually, i did a factory reset on the satellite. It didn't work after the first factory reset so i repeated it the second time (i put the reset button with a pin while the satellite is powered off for 7 seconds, and just to make sure, i also did that for 7 seconds while it's powered on). The second factory reset appeared to have worked.

Message 149 of 184
vajim
Master

Keep an eye on it 

Message 150 of 184
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7