Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - Orbi RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.7.2.104 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, may have been a factor in seeing problems. Lets us know if see problems afters it's disabling. 

@lmelling wrote:

It may hae been on previously, not sure, but it is off at this time.

Message 176 of 184
tmccubb
Initiate

Since I updated to  the latest firmware version, my ORBI keeps dropping the DNS connection. Two or three times a day. Any one else seeing these problems?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 177 of 184
vajim
Master

@tmccubb wrote:

Since I updated to  the latest firmware version, my ORBI keeps dropping the DNS connection. Two or three times a day. Any one else seeing these problems?

do a search here

lots of posts with temp fixes.

Message 178 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this first:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Daylight-Savings-Time-NTP-DNS-Issues/m-p/2074343/highlight/tru...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Joining-the-crowd-of-RBR50-RBS50-which-broke-after-firmware/m-...

@tmccubb wrote:

Message 179 of 184
ialexusman
Aspirant

I agree that Orbi system needs to support hard wired ethernet backhaul.  I have had so much trouble with my satellite that I have actually just turned it off.  I see posts in which Netgear employees acknowledged the need for this feature.

Message 180 of 184
jambojet226
Aspirant

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 181 of 184
txdegawa
Tutor

I have same issue. When I reset the RBR50 to factory, it was workinng fine for while then start doing "Please Wait A Moment...." Any browser evern reset histories and other cache. Using brand new laptop never get on to internet. When I use iPhone app to accss I can see all my sattelites but information in the app is wrong. No device founds.  I am just stuck this screen.  I have already three time factory reset. and rebuild my orbi. I just cannot change any information unless factory reset. the internet is working fine all the time. Please advise what am I doing wrong? 

Screenshot 2021-04-25 113214.png

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 182 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

What are you doing when this message "Please Wait A Moment...." comes up? 

What devices are you using when this happens?

Are your devcies wired or wireless? 

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@txdegawa wrote:

I have same issue. When I reset the RBR50 to factory, it was workinng fine for while then start doing "Please Wait A Moment...." Any browser evern reset histories and other cache. Using brand new laptop never get on to internet. When I use iPhone app to accss I can see all my sattelites but information in the app is wrong. No device founds.  I am just stuck this screen.  I have already three time factory reset. and rebuild my orbi. I just cannot change any information unless factory reset. the internet is working fine all the time. Please advise what am I doing wrong? 

Screenshot 2021-04-25 113214.png

Message 183 of 184
dafeed
Aspirant

It's a trap!

Message 184 of 184
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7