Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi Setup now no disconnects on iPad and other devices

MrTonyToca
Apprentice

I am having Wifi connection drop outs on my Galaxy S8+ Android phone. I have 1 Orbi router Ac3000 and 2 Ac3000 Satellites. 1 on each floor. satellite in basement. router on main floor and satellite on 2nd floor. I know this is over kill as my house is only about 1800 sq ft. But I needed the ethernet ports on each floor as I have a movie theater in basement and an extensive gaming setup on 2nd floor. Is my problem overlapping? Should I try and move my satellites farther away from my router? the new firmware removed that ability to turn down the wifi signal strength (25%,50%,75%) it has been replaced with threshold and some odd numbers. I love orbi and it was working amazing until I added my 2nd Satellite. which worked fine for 2 weeks and now I cant stay connected via my Android phone for more than 5 minutes. Please give me some suggestions. Ive tried turning beamforming off and mu-mimo and even disabling 2.4ghz band. still disconnects. is there a way to maintain the ethernet port capability of the satellites but turn off the wifi signal so I just use the router for my wifi signal and the satellites just for the ethernet connection? Thanks

Message 26 of 28
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MrtonyToca

Our support team is looking into this issue and would like to work with you if you would like to send me a PM with your name, email,  and phone number.

DarrenM

Message 27 of 28
jmbarbs
Apprentice

My iPad was constantly disconnecting even on latest version until I deselected the wireless option enable 20/40 MHz coexistence.

since deselecting this not one drop 

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7