Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi WiFi Kit: Compact Orbi Router & 2x Orbi Wall Plug Satellites - RBK23W

BretD
Admin

New Orbi WiFi Kit: Compact Orbi Router & 2x Orbi Wall Plug Satellites - RBK23W

rbk23w.png

Better WiFi. Everywhere.

NETGEAR's New Orbi WiFi System (RBK23W) AC2200 is a kit of three devices covering homes up to 5,000 square feet with strong WiFi signals. This kit includes 1 Orbi RBR20 Router and 2x Orbi Wall Plug satellites RBW30. 

Orbi RBR20 Router

The new RBR20 router is compact and has one Ethernet uplink and one Ethernet downlink port. It's great for a setup with very few hardware devices but heavy WiFi users. The Ethernet Port can be expanded with more ports later with any standard Ethernet Switch such as the NETGEAR GS908.Orbi RBR20 RouterOrbi RBR20 Router

img00023[1].pngPlug-in Strong WiFi

In a hallway or kitchen, garage or basement, the Wall Plug Satellite only needs an electrical outlet to deliver great WiFi. Easily extend WiFi coverage to every room of your house.

Message 1 of 17
nXXo
Apprentice

Re: New Orbi WiFi Kit: Compact Orbi Router & 2x Orbi Wall Plug Satellites - RBK23W

so start by running your rbk50 properly before selling another one. 

Message 2 of 17
BretD
Admin

So sorry you are having an issue. Please upgrade to the new Orbi Beta firmware through the manual upgrade process.  Feel free contact NETGEAR Support if you’re having issues with MR 2.1.1 (even if you’re outside of the 90 day window).

Message 3 of 17
aani75
Apprentice

There are already 250 comments regarding ongoing issues with this beta and how unstable ORBI is becoming. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-1-1/td-p/1476960/page/11 

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System, RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 17
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Is this really the place to be showcasing and promoting a new product whilst there are still so many outstanding problems with OrbiOS 2.X.X Firmware ?

Not for the first time has Netgears focus been on promoting new products to the detriment of current products.

But, to then suggest that a user upgrade to a "new" firmware as thought that is going to solve the problem  - the upgrade firmware is the  one released a week ago and has 254 comments clearly showing that it  too has problems.

Like many on the forums initially I had a stable system for a considerable time but of late it has turned into a total nightmare.

Having paid approx £400 and with no possible chance of returning it, I have no alternative but to suffer on a daily basis. Even when it is up and running I know its only a matter of time before it comes crashing down again.

With hindsight I should have cut and run, but I didnt in the belief that every effort would be made to quickly rectify problems and move forward.

How wrong I was and now seeing yet another new product launched whilst I have no confidence in the product i bought a year ago does not make me feel a valued customer.

So to all of those who purchase the new product I wish you well and good luck.

Message 5 of 17
mumbles76
Star

I was just going to reply with the same thing.... your basic Orbi system doesn't work! Don't start posting in here about new products...

Get your product management team to get these fixes into their sprints instead of new product launches. It just looks bad for Netgear as a company.

Message 6 of 17
masonworld
Apprentice

Another point of view is that this product line is alive and well with heavy investment R&D.  Netgear will fix the software (eventually --- please hurry) and we will be left with an awesome lineup of robust hardware that represents the future of the Netgear line.

Message 7 of 17
HoopIII
Tutor

Sorry first post, couldn't find a way to delete it.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 8 of 17
HoopIII
Tutor

Well its been at least 2 months or longer. I agree with the other 2 posters. They sould be working on a fix because this is going to end up hurting there rep. I have moved on. Got a great working faster zyxel multy X mesh system. Really sucks because I'm out over 3 hundred!!
Message 9 of 17
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

@masonworld wrote:

Another point of view is that this product line is alive and well with heavy investment R&D.  Netgear will fix the software (eventually --- please hurry) and we will be left with an awesome lineup of robust hardware that represents the future of the Netgear line.

Unfortunately, there are still people on the boards who will have been in a similar position before.

A post dated 28 March 2017 titled Update V1.9.1.12 Netgear officially announcing 'Improvement in wireless connection Stability'  the official release notes from Netgear states as fix 'Continious Improvement in wireless connection stability'

There are a growing number of people from these boards who have moved on and I for one am now having to seriously consider my options .

Hearing such good reports about the Orbi Pro really sticks in my throat because that was the product standard that I thought I was buying into when I purchased the RBK50.

Message 10 of 17
ConfigRouter3
Aspirant

Thankss

Message 11 of 17
siuolly
Star

Get your Orbi system to run without needing a factory reset every week first!!!! I need to do that since I got your system almost a year ago. I have never seen such an expensive system with such low quality.
Message 12 of 17
sleepr88
Apprentice

Netgear, since you can't seem to fix the Orbi, are you going to start issuing refunds? or exchanging everyone to Orbi Pros (which doesn't appear to have these problems, because you value business customers over regular consumers?)? and you think anyone will buy this when you can't even get the original systems to work correctly anymore?

Message 13 of 17
Julienpg
Star

I agree ! 

pay more than 500$CAD and i have 10 disconnection per hours ....

Message 14 of 17
Lssandoval09
Aspirant

I have had 0 issues with my Orbi - not sure what you guys are doing or if you just got a bad batch. The worst thing I’ve seen is devices attached info not showing correctly. WiFi super fast and reliable. No issues at all in AP mode with RBK50 with one satellite. Latest firmware as well 2.1.2.18
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 15 of 17
Julienpg
Star

Hello,

during the last two weeks now I've only had two reboot
I think everything is back to normal, with the latest Google and Netgear updates
the issue was during October to mid-January
Thank you

Message 16 of 17
jdunne27
Initiate

RBR20 w/ 2 satellites: WORST INVESTMENT EVER, worth the read

I bought the RBR20 with two additional satellites. Cost was about $350ish through best buy. This was the worst investment I have made. I can not stress the amount of troubles that I have had with this device. The troubles I have had include consistent drops of wifi, very slow upload/download speed, and very very poor performance with the app they have for the phone. Like any regular buyer, I  contacted the NETGEAR support number, whose performance is as bad as this device, 3-4 times. Each time they tell me to get on the orbilogin page check/uncheck boxes, unplug router for 3 minutes, re-position the satellites, then tell me I should not have anymore trouble. Well, here I am for the 4th time calling during the middle of the week at midnight, with the same amount of trouble I have had 2 weeks after buying the system 2-3months ago. (February/march 2018)

This last phone call is a representation of the device. I called and told the support worker that I am having trouble again, he told me they would replace it for me. So I was ok with this. Thinking they would just mail me a new one and I would send in my old one. WRONG. They told me I have to fill out a paper work by mail, then pick my options on there, mail it back in, then wait for a response? Are. you. kidding.

The second to worst part of this phone call was that he had me on hold for about 15 minutes to come back and tell me that they dont have any of the RBR20 IN STOCK. IN STOCK, NONE AT ALL. So now, I have to call them back in 24-48 hours to see if they have it in stock.

In shock, I asked the customer service guy if I could speak to a supervisor because I just couldnt believe they did not have it in stock, I HAD TO ASK HIM 10 TIMES TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR. He kept referring me to there consulting team, repeatedly. Finally, spoke to a superivsor and he told me that this situation of not having it in stock does not happen. Well guess what buddy it did.

The SUPERVISOR admitted to me that there was nothing they could do for me at this time. Coming from a supervisor in customer service, that is very very bad.

SO to all of you thinking of buying this device or similar devices which might have to go through customer service, do not buy it. Save yourself the hassle, the money, and the unreliability of this device. I would rank this device negative one stars. I will update on how the service is moving forward. It does not look positive.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 45 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7