Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi app on iOS

AniDutta
Apprentice

New Orbi app on iOS

Netgear finally released a decent Orbi app for iOS and Android last week.  The UI is sleek, and the app is starting to get useful. I would like to check with other users if they can Pause/Resume internet on devices?  My Orbi is setup on AP mode, and the toggle switch is grayed out for me.  Is there a reason you think this wouldn't work on AP mode or just overlooked by Netgear? 

file.png

Message 1 of 9
cpd5215
Guide

Re: New Orbi app on iOS

I can confirm it works with the Orbi in router mode
Message 2 of 9
JMU1998
Luminary

Genie app still not fixed all devices show as wired and 100% signal strength and NO link speeds in network map

Message 3 of 9
AniDutta
Apprentice

This thread is about the new Orbi app, not the Genie app!
Message 4 of 9
Nsiddons
Apprentice

I can also confirm the toggling feature works. I love the new but it still needs work like the remote feature is missing and we still must use the genie app. We need the Orbi app to stand on its own.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello AniDutta

I have checked and this feature will be grayed out and not work if you are using Orbi in AP mode as the orbi is not doing the router functions in your home.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 9
AniDutta
Apprentice

@DarrenM

Thanks for your response. Help me understand how does the Genie app works in AP mode to turn off internet access to a device while the Orbi app can't?
Message 7 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello AniDutta

Since you are running it in AP mode you would have to access your main routers features in order to turn off the internet access if that router has the capability.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 9
AniDutta
Apprentice

@DarrenM

I guess I wasn't clear. The Orbi in AP mode works with the Genie app to turn off internet access on a device. I don't have to make the Orbi to act as an router to use the Genie app. I'm failing to understand why it doesn't work with the new Orbi app!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7