Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi--router blinking magenta

emiliewasmyeve
Aspirant

New Orbi--router blinking magenta

Just set-up our new Orbi this morning. Easy set-up, everything worked perfectly for an hour. Then, out of nowhere, the router started blinking magenta. I've tried restarting, unplugging, etc. Nothing works. Ideas?

Message 1 of 6
murchman
Apprentice

Re: New Orbi--router blinking magenta

Does the router stay blinking magenta and are you using a Satalite?

Message 2 of 6
emiliewasmyeve
Aspirant

Yes, it stays blinking magenta. The satellite is set up properly, and glows blue to indicate a good signal, but then does work because the router doesn't have signal.
Message 3 of 6
murchman
Apprentice

So your router is not getting out to the Internet? What does the status page show when click on the advanced tab?

Message 4 of 6
emiliewasmyeve
Aspirant

My router connected to the internet modem, initially, but then just stopped for no reason. I have Xfinity cable, and the modem is also a router (which is how I'm online, now). It seems like the two worked together initially and then stopped.

Message 5 of 6

@emiliewasmyeve wrote:

My router connected to the internet modem, initially, but then just stopped for no reason. I have Xfinity cable, and the modem is also a router (which is how I'm online, now). It seems like the two worked together initially and then stopped.

so you need to ether bridge that modem so its working as just a modem and not a router , or run the orbi in ap mode

the way you have it setup at the moment is prob causing an ip conflict

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7