Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

FURRYe38
Guru

New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the DNS query failure issue that occurs when traffic meter and daylight saving are enabled

Security Fixes:

Download Link:

RBR50 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/RBR50-V2.7.3.22.zip

RBS50 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/RBS50-V2.7.3.22.zip

RBS50.zip file is verified correct.

This article applies to:
RBK50
RBK50v2
RBK52W
RBK53
RBK53S
RBK53V
RBK53v2
RBR50
RBR50v2
RBS50
RBS50v2

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page.

Let us know how it works for you. 

Message 1 of 91

Accepted Solutions
Gebla
Apprentice

Update from me on this firmware. After using sometime I was getting rpoblems with wired devices. These devices did no longer get connection. Power cycle of the (non managed) switch resolved the issue. Howerv it returned then suddenly I noticed that my Andorid S10 phone (latest firmware) did no longer get good connection to the Wifi (no internet and no data).

Switching off router and satellites did  only fix it for a few minutes and then issues start re-occuring. Other HW also wired connected did not get any internet anymore.

Full reset of the system (by using the reset button on the back) and then restore fixed everything anf the system is working again. It looks like it corrupted somewhere.

Another great experience of Orbi. I decided to purchase another system and will sell this. Too many issues

View solution in original post

Message 89 of 91

All Replies
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Haven't had any issue yet.

Firmware 2.7.3.22.png

Message 2 of 91
pablohoney
Luminary

Message 3 of 91
SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

Satellite is NOT upgrading with this file..... (RBS50-V2.7.3.22.img)

Just tried two times and two times the result after patching en restarting is: 

• Firmware Version: V2.7.2.104

The router itself went fine.

Message 4 of 91
SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

After re-downloading and updating the Satellite for 4 times. It now shows the (right) new firmwarre version.

@SkywalkerPD wrote:

Message 5 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser were you using? 

@SkywalkerPD wrote:

After re-downloading and updating the Satellite for 4 times. It now shows the (right) new firmwarre version.

@SkywalkerPD wrote:

Message 6 of 91
SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What browser were you using? 

@SkywalkerPD wrote:

@SkywalkerPD wrote:

Upgrade was done with the Edge browser....

Message 7 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Interestning it took a few tries. Possible the browser cache didn't update correctly. Glad it took for you. 

Message 8 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, loaded v22 on RBS first then RBR lastly. Sent FW to RBS using it's web page which was wireslly connected to the RBR. 

No factory reset. Power OFF for 30 seconds then back ON.

Enabled Circle, DST and Traffic Meter(No Limit).

And were off and running. 

Message 9 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

With Circle and Traffic Meter enabled and other items working online. 

Near900MbpsWiredSpeedResults.png

Message 10 of 91
atanvarno
Guide

How do you get these speeds..? I have RBR50 for years now and ~550Mbps is max download it is able to show me.

I am on latest router fw (2.7.3.22) which I installed to see if it fixes the issue. I have 1000/200 Mbps speed on provider router which is then Ethernet-connected to Orbi, but can never cross 570Mbps download when testing *on the Orbi* itself. I have

When I connect MBP directly to ISP router, I get ~900Mbps over Ethernet. So when I see your speed screenshot which I assume are from PC which is Ethernet connected to Orbi, it's really puzzling how you get near 1Gbps.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't have a ISP router. Modem only. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

If your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT

@atanvarno wrote:

How do you get these speeds..? I have RBR50 for years now and ~550Mbps is max download it is able to show me.

I am on latest router fw (2.7.3.22) which I installed to see if it fixes the issue. I have 1000/200 Mbps speed on provider router which is then Ethernet-connected to Orbi, but can never cross 570Mbps download when testing *on the Orbi* itself. I have

When I connect MBP directly to ISP router, I get ~900Mbps over Ethernet. So when I see your speed screenshot which I assume are from PC which is Ethernet connected to Orbi, it's really puzzling how you get near 1Gbps.

Message 12 of 91
atanvarno
Guide

I have fiber, it’s some generic router that handles SFP to Ethernet conversion. When connected to Orbi, it’s placed into Bridge mode so there’s no double NAT.
I login to my ISP through Orbi’s PPPoE admin page.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 13 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you configure the ISP hardware to handle PPPoE instead of Orbi? 

Leting the RBR just DHCP instead? 

Might try AP Mode with the RBR if you can put a router in front of the RBR by chance.

Also try DMZ on the ISP modem/ONT/Router as well for the RBR in router mode. 

Message 14 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Well RBS and connected devices is working but Device Names is still "Unknown":

RBS50EthernetConnectedDevicesUnknown.png

RBS50 is ethernet connected to the RBR using GS1 series switches. 

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

Message 15 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Also had a first hiccup yesterday on the RBR50. All wifi and wired connections stopped to the internet. Opened Orbi app and found it was OFFLINE. I did a reboot of the RBR from the Orbi app and it returned to being ONLINE. I disabled Circle after that and will see if this happens again. Traffic Meter and DST are still enabled. Haven't seen other problems up to this point.

Other than this, RBK50 has been good. 

Message 16 of 91
nicholb
Luminary

I installed the update yesterday. Installation went fine on the router and satellite. A couple minutes after installation the Internet went offline. The web admin showed internet not connected. It came back after a few minutes. Then about 30 minutes later it did it again. This time I did a full power off of the modem, router, and satellite and then brought them up one at a time. So far all has worked well since that. 
Message 17 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes a good power OFF of the Orbi system and ISP modem is needed after a FW update. 

Message 18 of 91
nicholb
Luminary

Looks like the DNS issue is not fully fixed in this one. With traffic meter on I was getting random DNS drop outs just like the original daylight savings/traffic meter issue. I turned off traffic meter and rebooted. I got one more DNS drop out after that, but so far stable since. If it continues opperating I'll leave traffic meter off and wait for the next fix, otherwise I'll probably revert to the previous version. 

Message 19 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since applying this FW update? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Mines also loaded and TM and DST are enabled. Have not seen any DNS issues. I had Circle enabled as well and experienced a internet outage, wired and wireless. I turned OFF Circle and rebooted the RBR. Haven't seen this again. 

@nicholb wrote:

Looks like the DNS issue is not fully fixed in this one. With traffic meter on I was getting random DNS drop outs just like the original daylight savings/traffic meter issue. I turned off traffic meter and rebooted. I got one more DNS drop out after that, but so far stable since. If it continues opperating I'll leave traffic meter off and wait for the next fix, otherwise I'll probably revert to the previous version. 

Message 20 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

One item to note. This version of FW still has the RBS connected via ethernet ARP storm problem that continues when the RBS is first connected to ethernet to the RBR. I noticed this time the storm still continued past 2-3 minutes and didn't seem to stop. I had to power OFF the RBS and power cycle two NG GS105s, then power back ON the RBS, then the storm stopped and the system settled and started working normally. 

This oddity was introduced back in v2.6 and continued into v2.7. Only happens when RBS is ethernet connected to the RBR. 

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

Message 21 of 91

I'm noticing a lot of issues with gaming through ethernet and on my phone. I get these massive lag spikes and sometimes the game will fail to load. All of my phone apps seem to be struggling to load and my tv has similar issues with the youtube app. I'll give it one more day and then I'm rolling it back to the older firmware I've been using if it keeps up.

Message 22 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@CaptainPing wrote:

I'm noticing a lot of issues with gaming through ethernet and on my phone. I get these massive lag spikes and sometimes the game will fail to load. All of my phone apps seem to be struggling to load and my tv has similar issues with the youtube app. I'll give it one more day and then I'm rolling it back to the older firmware I've been using if it keeps up.

Message 23 of 91
nicholb
Luminary

Update: After disabling the trafic meter the DNS issue remained. I decided to try unchecking the dailight savings option before reverting. Since doing that the internet connection has been stable.  So for me at least both the trafic meter and the dailight savings options have to be off. Basically the same issue as the previous firmware which this one is supposed to resolve. Since I am stable I'll stay as is until the next fix frimware comes out or until I decide to buy a WiFi 6e mesh router (not going to be Orbi, mainly because of the warrenty and support policies not nessasarily due to anything else).

Message 24 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. I just had TM and DST enabled on my RBR50 and had not seen any DNS issues. This version is supposed to have the DNS fix included. Only one problem I saw was when I had Circle enabled, the internet stopped. I had to reboot the RBR to get it back. After I disabled Circle, the RBR ran fine until I took it off line yeterday. Only thing I did was power OFF the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds then back ON when I updated manually to v22. I had not done a factory reset. 

I would do a factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. Power OFF the ISP modem/ONT for 30 seconds then back on during this process as well. Be sure you clear out ALL browser caches and ipconfig /flushdns on windows PCs as well. Or power them OFF and back ON. 

@nicholb wrote:

Update: After disabling the trafic meter the DNS issue remained. I decided to try unchecking the dailight savings option before reverting. Since doing that the internet connection has been stable.  So for me at least both the trafic meter and the dailight savings options have to be off. Basically the same issue as the previous firmware which this one is supposed to resolve. Since I am stable I'll stay as is until the next fix frimware comes out or until I decide to buy a WiFi 6e mesh router (not going to be Orbi, mainly because of the warrenty and support policies not nessasarily due to anything else).

Message 25 of 91
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7