Reply

New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

PSUHammer
Apprentice

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

After upgrading to this firmware, I can't see my satellites in the web router login or mobile app.  They don't appear on the network map.

 

That said, I DO see them if I log in directly.  Also, devices appear to be connected to the satellites and they also don't have any errors shown on the ring lights on top of the devices.

 

Also, I am now having a strange issue with my Xbox not being able to authenticate to my network and is asking for an alternative MAC.  I see it connected in the admin console so I don't think it is Orbi.  It's just strange that this popped up once the firmware update hit.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 76 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge, FireFox or Opera? 


Last resort would be a factory reset and setup from scratch.


@PSUHammer wrote:

After upgrading to this firmware, I can't see my satellites in the web router login or mobile app.  They don't appear on the network map.

 

That said, I DO see them if I log in directly.  Also, devices appear to be connected to the satellites and they also don't have any errors shown on the ring lights on top of the devices.

 

Also, I am now having a strange issue with my Xbox not being able to authenticate to my network and is asking for an alternative MAC.  I see it connected in the admin console so I don't think it is Orbi.  It's just strange that this popped up once the firmware update hit.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 77 of 90
PSUHammer
Apprentice

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

All of the above, multiple times.  Power cycled all.  I use the Orbi router as my actual router (not bridge) and have two satellites.
The mobile app is the main culprit for not showing the network map.

Message 78 of 90
vondie
Aspirant

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

I’ve been using the new firmware for a week now. Seems like wifi adapter 802.11g or 802.11n cannot have stable connection with the router compare to the previous firmware 2.7.2.104 . It keep disconnecting like every 15 to 20 minutes. I thought it is because of the wifi adapter driver… but it is not the case. I done restoring back old driver and upgrading the wifi adapter driver. The result is still the same. Something is realy wrong with this latest firmware. Use to be able to downgrade the firmware. Now even if I manually downgrade the firmware, it will automatically upgrade back to the latest version firmware which is 2.7.3.22. I am getting super upset with this firmware.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 79 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Try the reset then...Setup with a wired PC and Browser instead of using the orbi app. Once set up, check the Orbi app. 

Might try to remove the app and then re-install it...


@PSUHammer wrote:

All of the above, multiple times.  Power cycled all.  I use the Orbi router as my actual router (not bridge) and have two satellites.
The mobile app is the main culprit for not showing the network map.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 80 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

You might reach out to NG support and ask them to see if they can block your RBR from being updated. You'll need to give them the serial# of the RBR. 


@vondie wrote:
I’ve been using the new firmware for a week now. Seems like wifi adapter 802.11g or 802.11n cannot have stable connection with the router compare to the previous firmware 2.7.2.104 . It keep disconnecting like every 15 to 20 minutes. I thought it is because of the wifi adapter driver… but it is not the case. I done restoring back old driver and upgrading the wifi adapter driver. The result is still the same. Something is realy wrong with this latest firmware. Use to be able to downgrade the firmware. Now even if I manually downgrade the firmware, it will automatically upgrade back to the latest version firmware which is 2.7.3.22. I am getting super upset with this firmware.

 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 81 of 90
PSUHammer
Apprentice

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

One thing I will say with Orbi since I have owned it for a few years now is patience.  It takes FOREVER for these devices to fully boot and to install firmware updates.  Sometimes I won't see a satellite come back online for a few hours, regardless of what I do.

Message 82 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Agreed. First time I setup one of these at my friends house, Took me 1 hour to get everything updated and finally setup. And that was going as fast as I could. Even now days, 30 minutes seems to be a minimum if you know what your doing and no bumps in the road. Smiley Embarassed

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 83 of 90
PCSP
Tutor

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

I didn't see the benefit... Why netgear force people to update firmware? I use it for around 3 years. I never saw this situation ... I saw only alert text/button for new firmware available ...

 

Now I block all domains related check new firmware.

Message 84 of 90
cdbarker
Guide

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

If we all stayed on the same FW then we may be vulnerable to security issues. Netgear have a duty to Customers, who have paid substantial amounts of their hard earned money, to keep their data safe via their connection to the world.
Message 85 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

NG has been push Orbi FW since the beginning. This is NOT new. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 86 of 90
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Just to share my experience of this firmware update.  I did the update but then a few days later noted that I was getting semi regular freezes while playing online games.  During work hours, VPN connections would drop every 15 to 30 minutes.  This was happening on both wireless and wired connections.

 

I'd completely forgotten about the firmware update.  Tried hard reboots, factory resets, nothing seemed to solve it and plugging in my old ISP router gave a very stable less laggy connection.

 

I then remembered the firmware update and timing seemed not to be a co-incidence.  Reinstalled the previous firmware, router restarted.  Problem gone and stable connections resumed.  I'll avoid this update and if it updates automatically I'll just downgrade again.

Message 87 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

YOu could use your ISP modem/router to block Orbi FW updates. 


@Retired_Member wrote:

Just to share my experience of this firmware update.  I did the update but then a few days later noted that I was getting semi regular freezes while playing online games.  During work hours, VPN connections would drop every 15 to 30 minutes.  This was happening on both wireless and wired connections.

 

I'd completely forgotten about the firmware update.  Tried hard reboots, factory resets, nothing seemed to solve it and plugging in my old ISP router gave a very stable less laggy connection.

 

I then remembered the firmware update and timing seemed not to be a co-incidence.  Reinstalled the previous firmware, router restarted.  Problem gone and stable connections resumed.  I'll avoid this update and if it updates automatically I'll just downgrade again.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 88 of 90
Gebla
Apprentice

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Update from me on this firmware. After using sometime I was getting rpoblems with wired devices. These devices did no longer get connection. Power cycle of the (non managed) switch resolved the issue. Howerv it returned then suddenly I noticed that my Andorid S10 phone (latest firmware) did no longer get good connection to the Wifi (no internet and no data).

 

Switching off router and satellites did  only fix it for a few minutes and then issues start re-occuring. Other HW also wired connected did not get any internet anymore.

 

Full reset of the system (by using the reset button on the back) and then restore fixed everything anf the system is working again. It looks like it corrupted somewhere.

 

Another great experience of Orbi. I decided to purchase another system and will sell this. Too many issues

View solution in original post

Message 89 of 90
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBK50/53 Series Firmware Version 2.7.3.22

Thanks for letting us know a reset worked.  Resets can and usually fix odd issues seen after FW udpates. 


Good Luck. 


@Gebla wrote:

Update from me on this firmware. After using sometime I was getting rpoblems with wired devices. These devices did no longer get connection. Power cycle of the (non managed) switch resolved the issue. Howerv it returned then suddenly I noticed that my Andorid S10 phone (latest firmware) did no longer get good connection to the Wifi (no internet and no data).

 

Switching off router and satellites did  only fix it for a few minutes and then issues start re-occuring. Other HW also wired connected did not get any internet anymore.

 

Full reset of the system (by using the reset button on the back) and then restore fixed everything anf the system is working again. It looks like it corrupted somewhere.

 

Another great experience of Orbi. I decided to purchase another system and will sell this. Too many issues


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 90 of 90
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E