Reply

New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released

vajim
Master

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released

Message 26 of 35
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released


@vajim wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062507/Security-Advisory-for-Unauthenticated-Command-Injection-Vulnerabili...


Meaningless 


This in NOT meaningless, this is a good reason to update the firmware, and there is another good reason to use an actual firmware:
https://kb.netgear.com/000062883/Security-Advisory-for-Multiple-Vulnerabilities-on-Some-Routers-Sate...

RBR50 / 2xRBS50 WiFi / 1xRBS50 wired / FW2.7.3.23
Message 27 of 35
vajim
Master

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released


@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062507/Security-Advisory-for-Unauthenticated-Command-Injection-Vulnerabili...


Meaningless 


This in NOT meaningless, this is a good reason to update the firmware, and there is another good reason to use an actual firmware:
https://kb.netgear.com/000062883/Security-Advisory-for-Multiple-Vulnerabilities-on-Some-Routers-Sate...


Perhaps...but why post it here?  Send it to the brillant firmware developers.

 

But go ahead and keep updating for its post like these that keep this forum interesting.

Message 28 of 35
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released


@vajim wrote:


Perhaps...but why post it here?  Send it to the brillant firmware developers.

 

But go ahead and keep updating for its post like these that keep this forum interesting.


@vajim 

I think you have no IT background, because your post(s) are meaningless and do not help to keep this forum interesting ...
Software updates are an important part of the digital landscape.
No software (btw. firmware is software too) is perfect and 100% safe and bug free, therefore it is important to fix vulnerabilities (and this are "the brilliant developers" doing) and update the devices in use.

RBR50 / 2xRBS50 WiFi / 1xRBS50 wired / FW2.7.3.23
Message 29 of 35
vajim
Master

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released


@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim wrote:


Perhaps...but why post it here?  Send it to the brillant firmware developers.

 

But go ahead and keep updating for its post like these that keep this forum interesting.


@vajim 

I think you have no IT background, because your post(s) are meaningless and do not help to keep this forum interesting ...
Software updates are an important part of the digital landscape.
No software (btw. firmware is software too) is perfect and 100% safe and bug free, therefore it is important to fix vulnerabilities (and this are "the brilliant developers" doing) and update the devices in use.


thank you for your opinion

 

Now go back and read your posts and try and figure out why you came here in the first place.  If you want to update your firmware please do so.  We all will await your return in here crying how it foulded up your network Mr. IT

Message 30 of 35
thisoldhouse
Aspirant

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released

I DO have a background in IT. If you’d bother to read the post the issue was we DID upgrade the firmware per the Netgear advice and it killed our connections. We had to find a way to fix it and tell Netgear how to fix it. Nothing in what I just wrote is acceptable. Netgear needs to be a whole lot better than that when releasing and monitoring firmware updates.
Message 31 of 35
alokeprasad
Mentor

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released

Thanks for this link.

Very helpful in identifying what "security issues" NG is addressing.

 

In most cases, searching for the PSV or ZDI number will give us links to sites like NIST that thrack the severity and risks associated with these issues.

 

 

 


@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

his in NOT meaningless, this is a good reason to update the firmware, and there is another good reason to use an actual firmware:
https://kb.netgear.com/000062883/Security-Advisory-for-Multiple-Vulnerabilities-on-Some-Routers-Sate...

 

Orbi RBK50v2 ver 2.7.2.104
Love my Orbi (with this firmware version).
Message 32 of 35
vajim
Master

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released


@thisoldhouse wrote:
I DO have a background in IT. If you’d bother to read the post the issue was we DID upgrade the firmware per the Netgear advice and it killed our connections. We had to find a way to fix it and tell Netgear how to fix it. Nothing in what I just wrote is acceptable. Netgear needs to be a whole lot better than that when releasing and monitoring firmware updates.

I got all of that.  However it was a recommendation to upgrade, meaning it was your choice.  I guess that's where your IT background kicks in.  Mine failed me.

Message 33 of 35
alokeprasad
Mentor

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released


@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062507/Security-Advisory-for-Unauthenticated-Command-Injection-Vulnerabili...


Meaningless 


This in NOT meaningless, this is a good reason to update the firmware, and there is another good reason to use an actual firmware:
https://kb.netgear.com/000062883/Security-Advisory-for-Multiple-Vulnerabilities-on-Some-Routers-Sate...


Ha_Ku_Na,

 

Where/how did you find this web page?  I need to add that to my "check regularly" list.

 

I normally check NG's security page   https://www.netgear.com/about/security/ 

But this very recent info you posted (Feb 12, 2021) is not listed there.

 

 

Orbi RBK50v2 ver 2.7.2.104
Love my Orbi (with this firmware version).
Message 34 of 35
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.5.2.4 Officially Released

it is under "top Support Articles" here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx

RBR50 / 2xRBS50 WiFi / 1xRBS50 wired / FW2.7.3.23
Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 3463 views
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E