Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New RBR50 + Satellite setup - some thoughts and questions

FURRYe38
Guru

Great new to hear. I've been seeing a few posts about users and there ISP services being the cause. Glad you were able to get the speed up and running. 

Enjoy now. Smiley Wink

@Robreiderjr wrote:

Furrye38 - 

Well I finally figured out the issue. It wasn't Orbi, it wasn't my ISP (Spectrum), it was the ethernet cable between the Arris modem and the Orbi router that was the problem. I'm getting the full 200+ Mbps download now. I feel much better and I'm super happy with how the system is performing all over my home. Thanks for your help as well.

Regards,

Rob Reider

Message 26 of 28
Robreiderjr
Tutor

Thanks for the prompt assistance. I'm really liking the whole system! I had a MoCA setup from my basement to the other side of the house to get a wired connection to the old Airport Express extender (plus a 4-port Negear 10/100 router) and I was able to pull that out completely and let the Satellite provide wired signal to 2 other devices up there. It's a great system!

Best to you and everyone at Netgear!

Rob

Message 27 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats great to hear. Glad its' working well for you.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Robreiderjr wrote:

Thanks for the prompt assistance. I'm really liking the whole system! I had a MoCA setup from my basement to the other side of the house to get a wired connection to the old Airport Express extender (plus a 4-port Negear 10/100 router) and I was able to pull that out completely and let the Satellite provide wired signal to 2 other devices up there. It's a great system!

Best to you and everyone at Netgear!

Rob

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7