Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware released 1.11.0.20

Random12
Apprentice

New firmware released 1.11.0.20

Some people were saying the 1.11.0.N beta was helping with a lot of issues. There is a new version released, but the release notes don't list any fixes. Has anybody tried the new version to see if it improves things?

Message 1 of 55

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New firmware released 1.11.0.20

Hello Everyone

We have release firmware version 1.12.0.18 this firmware has fixes for disconnects and many more I posted the release notes below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000044171/RBR50-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-18

If you are still having issues after updating your Orbi unit you may want to factory reset the Orbi and test again. If you are still having disconnect issues or other issues with this firmware please create a new thread or contact our support team.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 55 of 55

All Replies
thebishop
Apprentice

See last comment from me in the thread "Orbi drops wifi for iPad Pro, iPhone 7 and Macbook Pro intermittently" - I have installed it (after fixing the download link) and is verifying it now. The beta worked just great for me (and I was the initial author of that thread).

Message 2 of 55
gregoryrallen
Aspirant

Tried and its for the RBS50 and will not update the RBS40.

Does anyone know where the update for the RBS40 is located?

Message 3 of 55
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

Message 4 of 55
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

If you are currently on the beta 1.11.0.8 on RBR50 do not update to the latest live release.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 55
thebishop
Apprentice

Hi DarrenM,

Oops, that was a bit unexpected, many thanks for the heads up (and will "downgrade" now... 😉

Cheers

Message 6 of 55
ktd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good thing I’m on a business trip and didn’t have time to update. 🙂

Message 7 of 55
AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We released this firmware release to target some wireless connectivity issues on the RBR40 related SKUs (RBK40, RBK43, RBK30, etc), including the Macbook issue.  As a reminder, we continuously to work to improve the wireless connectivity and performance and fix bugs that are brought to our attention.   

Orbi Product Team

Message 8 of 55
superben79
Apprentice

this is all i see in readme

Bug Fixes:

• Firmware version sync up.

none of the fixes you mentioned.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 9 of 55
Retired_Member
Not applicable

"As a reminder, we continuously to work to improve the wireless connectivity and performance and fix bugs that are brought to our attention."

Lol
Message 10 of 55

How do you become a beta tester? 

Message 11 of 55
JMU1998
Luminary

Another useless release aye? Not a single issue fixed that are outstanding for Months!!!

Message 12 of 55
ktd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just hang in there. Det Currency beta is a huge step forward. I guess they didn’t had time to implement the beta stuff into the new fw but it shouldn’t take long for them to prepare a stable fw based on the latest beta.

Message 13 of 55
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

The thing I find personally annoying about these releases is the version numbers seem completely arbitrary. Like we know 1.11.0.8 has a bunch of fixes that 1.11.0.20 does not. So why did they bother making it seem like it would by giving it a build number higher than the beta? I believe this isn't the first time this has happened either.

And don't even get me started with the lack of actual changelog; "fixed some bugs" is not a real changelog!!!

Message 14 of 55
Flash008
Luminary

DarrenM,

Is Netgear "trying" to make us angry?

Can you please provide us instructions concerning "how to not update" to the new .20 version. Will Orbi not auto-update to this new version given the beta is .8.

You finally provide a working beta, and now you GA a newer version that does not have these fixes for connection drops???????????????????????

Really???????????

Message 15 of 55

@Flash008 wrote:

DarrenM,

Is Netgear "trying" to make us angry?

Can you please provide us instructions concerning "how to not update" to the new .20 version. Will Orbi not auto-update to this new version given the beta is .8.

You finally provide a working beta, and now you GA a newer version that does not have these fixes for connection drops???????????????????????

Really???????????

yes its auto update but it may take some time to populate the country servers , so just leave you orbi on and it will update by its self within the next dayt or so

seriously wait until you try it

Message 16 of 55
Irvin1819
Aspirant

Message 17 of 55
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Flash008

orbi should not auto update to the live firmware if you are on the beta since it is version 1.11.0.80 which is higher than current firmware.

DarrenM

Message 18 of 55
wchp
Luminary

DarrenM,

So... even though the image file says RBR/RBS50-V1.11.0.8 it is actually x.x.x.80?

Just want to confirm, as I loaded .8 beta as provided by Netgear support 2 days ago, did a hard reset on both the satellites and router and then manually reconfigured everything again from scratch.

I did not load the prior saved config...

but I would hate to have it auto-update to .20 as I don't have a saved config for .8(0?) and it's a pain to do 12 DHCP reservations and reenter all the proper device names in the attached devices table.

Thanks for the assistance to date.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 19 of 55
Flash008
Luminary

They don't know what they are talking about.

My Orbi downloaded the .20 yesterday.

I am running the .8 beta. You know, the working version..

Netgear support also responded today, saying they changed thier autoupdate to the 3rd digit...

OK, then why is my Orbi claiming to have a new ".20" version it is ready to replace my .8 beta.

Guess what. Orbi is saying "new firmware is available". It will auto-update in the next 1-2 days. And it will be back to disconnects....

I would love to be wrong, but I am not.

This should be embarrassing to Netgear.

DarrenM, I feel sorry for you. I know you are not running things, but the people who are backing you don't know what they are doing.

Message 20 of 55

@wchp wrote:

DarrenM,

I did not load the prior saved config...

but I would hate to have it auto-update to .20 as I don't have a saved config for .8(0?) and it's a pain to do 12 DHCP reservations and reenter all the proper device names in the attached devices table.

Thanks for the assistance to date.

hi

you should never load a saved config from a previous firmware as this could potentially cause issues , you shouldnt have to anyway as the firmware doesnt clear the config or factory reset

if however you do factory reset you should always manually re enter data needed and not do a restore as you may also import config issues and other things that could cause stability and connection issues

pete

Message 21 of 55
wchp
Luminary

Flash008,

LOL (not really), you are correct. with the beta 1.11.0.8 version loaded it wants to upgrade me to .20

Oh well, 

DarrenM, let us know when we can reach out to support and ask for an updated beta that .20 won't update on us, please.

PettyTesting,

Support requested that after I loaded the beta I do a hard factory reset on all of the devices.

There is definitely a difference as after updating to .8 in the connected devices table it still showed 5G or 2.4G or Wired.

Then hard factory reset with .8 installed

Then the connected devices table only showed Wireless or Wired.

So... even though I updated to .8 something was hanging around until I did the hard reset.

I just presume that if I am willing to beta test, I should be willing to hard reset. No fun, but I want to give the firmware a fair shake as I have 61 devices attached of which only 9 are wired. 

More problematic for me than all my Apple devices are a Wink Hub2 and an iSmart Alarm Spot camera (go figure).

Message 22 of 55
Flash008
Luminary

My friend,

I did a hard factory reset, as instructed. Not difficult.

Are you saying I should do it again? How many times?

Are you saying the Orbi .8 code (after a hard reset) doesn't have the inteligence to know it is the newer firmware, and it should ignore the 0.20, which is newer than 0.8?

Just asking....

Message 23 of 55

im just saying you should never use a saved config file from an older fw version on a new fw version as it could and might currupt the current fw

Message 24 of 55
Flash008
Luminary

I would never use a config from a previous version.

20+ years of I.T.

Always clean install....

Message 25 of 55
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7