Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New internet provider and modem and Orbi won't connect

frodak99
Follower

New internet provider and modem and Orbi won't connect

I had ATT as my internet provider, but when we moved they didn't provide service at my new address.  I got a new modem from Spectrum and their router.  I'd like to use my Orbi, but when I hook it up it blinks white and then instead of going solid white there is no light.  I can connect to the Orbi but there is no internet connection.  If I use the Spectrum router it connects and works right away, any guesses what I'm doing wrong?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New internet provider and modem and Orbi won't connect

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition and possible IP address conflict which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Be sure to power OFF both Orbi and ISP Modem for 30 seconds. Then power ON the modem and let it sync, then power ON the Orbi.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New internet provider and modem and Orbi won't connect

Any progress on this? 

@frodak99 wrote:

I had ATT as my internet provider, but when we moved they didn't provide service at my new address.  I got a new modem from Spectrum and their router.  I'd like to use my Orbi, but when I hook it up it blinks white and then instead of going solid white there is no light.  I can connect to the Orbi but there is no internet connection.  If I use the Spectrum router it connects and works right away, any guesses what I'm doing wrong?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7