Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New owner can't register Orbi

bchckd
Follower

New owner can't register Orbi

I just sold an RBR40 router and the new owner can't register it. I see it on my account but can't delete it so they can register it. Any help on this? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: New owner can't register Orbi

@bchckd wrote:

I just sold an RBR40 router and the new owner can't register it. I see it on my account but can't delete it so they can register it. Any help on this? 

It appears that Netgear does not provide a mechanism for owners to "unregister" a product.  When people have raised this question in the past, the recommendation has been to send a private message to one of the forum moderators (by clicking on their login name, such as @Blanca_O )  The moderators all have that "capital N" symbol after their name.  Netgear prefers that customers not post sensitive information on the public forum.  To cut down the turnaround time, I would include enough information in the message to all the moderator to intervene with Netgear, such as who you are, the product & serial number registered, where purchased, etc.

It seems that people who go this router never come back to ask for a different solution.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7