Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New satellite - RBS50

dcurnow
Follower

New satellite - RBS50

Hi

I'm after another RBS50 satelite but they dont seem to be available anymore? Do the RBS20/40 work with the RBR50 system? Or any others?

Or is it just the newer RBS50Y now (much more expensive)?

If someone could clarify please

Thanks

Duncan

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

The RBS20, rbw30, rbs40, rbs40v, rbs50, rbs50y are all compatible with your system. The only different is that only the 50 series of devices have the 1733mbps backhaul. the others use a 866mbps backhaul. 

but they do work. 

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

And the rbs40v was on sale at amazon for $99. it has a speaker/alexa setup built in.
Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@dcurnow wrote:

Hi

I'm after another RBS50 satelite but they dont seem to be available anymore? Do the RBS20/40 work with the RBR50 system? Or any others?

Or is it just the newer RBS50Y now (much more expensive)?

If someone could clarify please

Thanks

Duncan

Netgear has them in stock, https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50.aspx.

If you feel comfortable, there are also many used RBS50 satellites for sale at various sites, for reasonable prices.

Message 4 of 5
Shinedown
Apprentice

Not sure if you're in the UK, but there's no satellite stock anywhere here atm (all models) outside of eBay. Amazon displaying the ominous 'we don't know when or if this item will be back in stock' notice too, which is never a good sign...

I'm hoping it's just supply chain issues due to COVID-19, but it would be really good to get someone from Netgear to clarify what's going on here...
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7