Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New to Orbi with a question

diannenet
Star

New to Orbi with a question

Hello.  I am new to the Orbi "family."  Today I purchased the Orbi RBK43-100NAS WiFi system.  (I do NOT have the RBK50 but that is what it made me put for my Model.) This might be a strange question but will try and explain it as Orbi's customer service didn't understand it.  Originally I had an Eero mesh network but exchanged it for Orbi because a couple devices I own stated they must be connected directly to the router and not through an ethernet switch.  That was all fine and good except Eero did not provide enough ethernet slots so I exchanged it for the Orbi system.  The one thing I liked with Eero is while on the phone with customer service when I was setting it up, they were able to designated certain beacons for specific devices I owned.  Is that possible with the Orbi system?

Yes, I am female but like to consider myself a bit "techy" so if there is an easy way to do this, I would appreciate some help.  I need my Ring Floodlight Cam to be connected to the Orbi satellite we have located in the garage.  My upload speed with Orbi is 5.45 mbps which Ring says is more than adequate for their product (I was getting very choppy, poor video recordings.)

Am I making any sense and is my request possible?

Thanks,

Dianne

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New to Orbi with a question

Hello diannenet

No feature like that because orbi will do that on its own do the devices will connect to the best signal it can connect to in the home. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7