× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX5400 router

Naloe77
Follower

Nighthawk AX5400 router

Good afternoon- I upgraded to a nighthawk AX5400 wifi6 router. I am looking for help for 2 issues. 

1) since I hooked this up, my LG TV keeps asking for a pairing key (it looks like for a phone) remote/TV/cable/netflix etc. all work properly.....how do I stop this prompt? or what is it asking me to set-up?

2 On the router itself - the internet LED is red (2nd light from the top)...internet access seems to be working fine for laptops/phones etc. 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX5400 router

There are a lot of Netgear products that marketing has labeled "AX5400" by adding together some imaginary communication speeds.  Please report the product number that appears on the Product Label on the bottom of the case.

With WiFi connection working correctly, your hunch is almost certainly correct.  The TV is trying to pair with a smartphone, perhaps for "casting" to the TV from the phone. If you provide the LG model number, we can look in the TV user manual to see what is going on.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX5400 router

on #2, if the internet led is red, it usually indicates either a successful connection to the gateway but not a IP address or a 10/100mbps connection and not gigabit. tough to know without knowing what your gateway is. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7