Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk ex7000 and orbi ax4200

RB2
Follower
Follower

Nighthawk ex7000 and orbi ax4200

I just recently purchased the Orbi AX4200 mesh wifi. This package came with the master and one receiver. Iv been using a Nighthawk EX7000 wifi range extender. I’m curiously if i could use the Nighthawk as a second receiver/access point. Anybody got any in put?
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

@RB2 wrote:
I’m curiously if i could use the Nighthawk as a second receiver/access point.

The ex7000 cannot operate as a satellite on the Orbi network. It should work as an access point/extender.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

and here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

You might have better luck if you said which Orbi devices you have. AX4200 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. Netgear sells several AX4200 devices.

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, for any Orbi AX questions and information, please refer users to the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

@michaelkenward wrote:

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes EX series extenders can work as extenders with Orbi AX systems. 

@RB2 wrote:
I just recently purchased the Orbi AX4200 mesh wifi. This package came with the master and one receiver. Iv been using a Nighthawk EX7000 wifi range extender. I’m curiously if i could use the Nighthawk as a second receiver/access point. Anybody got any in put?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7