Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nintendo Switch will not connect to Orbi setup.

skyhawk214
Aspirant

Nintendo Switch will not connect to Orbi setup.

Hey everyone!

After setting up an Orbi setup in my house, every device connects just fine, except for my Nintendo Switch Lite. On the connection test screen, it says it connects to the router just fine, but I get an error that says "Registration is required to use this network." I haven't run into this problem with any other devices in my home. Speeds and range are fantastic. 

If I hit OK, a browser window pops up and it asks for a username and password, as if someone trying to connect to the Orbi with the IP address and access the web interface. If I back out of that, I get the standard password reset dialog box asking for the modem serial number. 

What are some things I can check?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
skyhawk214
Aspirant

Re: Nintendo Switch will not connect to Orbi setup.

I also seem to be having problems with certain websites giving me either a 404 error, or asking me for a username and password. 

I believe this is all caused the BRS_WanLanConflict problem. 

I have the Orbi cable modem, the Orbi router, and four satellites. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nintendo Switch will not connect to Orbi setup.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7