Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Devices connecting to satellites

hmessing
Aspirant

No Devices connecting to satellites

(Model is actually RBR40 but it's not in list)  

We have an RBR40 with 2 plugin satellites.  We've had it about 1 1/2 years.  Not too long ago i updated the firmware to v2.3.5.32.  Yesterday I noticed that none of our devices are connecting to either satellite.  I've rebooted it and some show up for a minute then switch back to router. I've got the router in our office on the main floor, one upstairs and just moved the other one to the basement because we have our tv/xbox down there and thought it would help with buffering issues on the tv.  Is it an issue with the latest firmware?

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No Devices connecting to satellites

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
It's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 4
hmessing
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded? v2.3.5.32
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? att arris model bgw210-700 - wifi is turned off
It's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 2,394
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? it's more than 30 feet but worked perfectly fine when we first set it up. i moved one closer this morning and sat right by it with phone and it still didn't connect to it.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

If you go sit near an RBS, you have to turn OFF the devices wifi radio for seconds then back on, then the device should connect to the RBS. Again, Devices will pick and choose where they connect too.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7