Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Internet Connection - yet LAN indicates it is connected

marcel-s
Aspirant

No Internet Connection - yet LAN indicates it is connected

Hello,

Just bought and trying to install the RBK23 Orbi mesh router. My setup is:

- Fiber internet converter

> Vigor2132 modem/router from internet service provider

>> RBK23

Inside the Vigor2132 modem/router I see that the RBK23 is connected to LAN port 1, and both lights next to the LAN cable are green (one constant, one blinking). Also in the Vigor2132 system I see LAN1 connected. 

Yet the install app from Netgear indicates 'No internet connected', giving the option to try again or advanced setup (static ip/PPPoE). Both of which I do not use, so far as I know.

Do you have a suggestion what to do?

Many thanks in advance,

Marcel 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: No Internet Connection - yet LAN indicates it is connected

Do you have a device that can connect to the Orbi to use the web interface? (not the "app")

such as a desktop or laptop computer?  I find the web setup more useful.

p.s. You will discover that having two routers can sometimes cause problems with specific uses.  Netgear describes it this way:

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT 

This should in no way interfere with the Orbi router "accessing the internet", but is a subject for discussion in the future.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Do you have a device that can connect to the Orbi to use the web interface? (not the "app")

such as a desktop or laptop computer?  I find the web setup more useful.

p.s. You will discover that having two routers can sometimes cause problems with specific uses.  Netgear describes it this way:

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT 

This should in no way interfere with the Orbi router "accessing the internet", but is a subject for discussion in the future.

Message 2 of 3
marcel-s
Aspirant

Thank you CrimpOn. I tried this and via the web interface the Orbi did find the Internet 🙂

I did read about the problems of two routers in one network and I will keep that in mind. When I experience connection problems I will try to use the accesspoint mode or switch the router for a mediabox I think. But for now I will first try to use the current setup, and see if this works in my case.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7