Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Internet

Kden003
Tutor

No Internet

Hello,

I have just recently moved into my house after a remodel and I am trying to set up my wifi system again. Before I had moved out I was using the RBR50 router and 2 satellites for quite a while and they had worked well with a little difficulty getting them up and running in the past. (I don't remember what the problem was before) However, while setting them this time they are able to connect to the internet and are able to go through the set up process but I am unable to use the internet. They are about a year old and need a firmware update but when I click the check button it just refreshes the page with no change. When I connect my phone it says that I should have wifi connection but I cannot use google or watch videos etc. The Orbi app shows that the internet is "offline" but when I go to Orbilogin.com it says that the internet connection is "good". As well as the internet light on my cm1000 modem is solid green. However again I am not able to watch any videos or google anything even while connected to the modem with a ethernet cable. I have tried factory resetting everything multiple times and have tried to follow anything I could find online to no avail. I also had talked to my ISP and they were unable to solve the issue as well. My ISP had said that it may be a problem with the IP of the router. (I don't exactly remember what they said haha). So, I was hoping to get some more ideas 🙂

-Thanks!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Which firmware version are you on? 

If you directly connect to the cm1000 from your pc/laptop, does the internet work? It'd be pointless to troubleshoot the system if the modem wasn't provisioned properly. 

Message 2 of 6
Kden003
Tutor

The router is on the latest version of 2.7. 1.60 but the satellite is on an earlier version (I cant look right now as I am away from home). I have the update to manually update it I just have not gone through the process of actually installing the newest version. and when I connect to the modem directly through the ethernet I cannot google or do anything (same with the router). Would that be something that I need to call my ISP about? It is also not a provided modem as we had a modem and just had our ISP install the one we had. 

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 6
Kden003
Tutor

@Kden003 wrote:

The router is on the latest version of 2.7. 1.60 but the satellite is on an earlier version (I cant look right now as I am away from home). I have the update to manually update it I just have not gone through the process of actually installing the newest version. and when I connect to the modem directly through the ethernet I cannot google or do anything (same with the router). Would that be something that I need to call my ISP about? It is also not a provided modem as we had a modem and just had our ISP install the one we had. 

Thanks 🙂

I have also just tried to put it into AP mode and now both the router and the satellite are solid magenta and I cannot access orbilogin.com.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

AP mode needs a router/nat device conencted to it. Which the CM1000 isn't

If you're unable to get an internet connection when directly connected to the modem, that's where I'd start with troubleshooting. You have to have the modem functioning properly to get the router online. 

Power off the modem and then back on when you're connecting the pc to it. 

Message 5 of 6
Kden003
Tutor

Ok thank you I'll make sure to do some troubleshooting on the modem when I get home

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7