Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Such File or Directory

Maderacopy
Aspirant

No Such File or Directory

My Orbi connection works great on most occasions, however sometimes while browsing the web a site will give me "No Such File or Directory" If I switch routers I can visit the site. I also can't get Netflix or Amazon Video to work from my Orbi using my Roku or IPad. This is the main reason I purchased the Orbi. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Maderacopy
Aspirant

I am no longer having any issues. I reinstalled my Orbi and everything is now great.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Maderacopy

This could be a DNS issue have you tried to use a diffrenet DNS like googles DNS?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 13
st_shaw
Master

@Maderacopy wrote:

My Orbi connection works great on most occasions, however sometimes while browsing the web a site will give me "No Such File or Directory" If I switch routers I can visit the site. I also can't get Netflix or Amazon Video to work from my Orbi using my Roku or IPad. This is the main reason I purchased the Orbi. 

Do you still have your old WiFi/router active on your network when you experience the problem?

Message 3 of 13
ESP23Hitman
Aspirant

I have the same issue with my setup.  I have Xfinity and am using their cable modem.  I have the orbi connected to the modem amd set was quick and easy.  I am able to connect to the orbi's radios, but there is no data flowing through.  Every time i open up a webpage I get 'No such file or directory'.  When i connected directly to the modem everything works fine.  What am i missing?

Message 4 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ESP23Hitman

Are you able to bridge the modem?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 13
1bugboy
Aspirant

The samething is going with me . I have the same set up as you . Any info would be helpful
Message 6 of 13
1bugboy
Aspirant

Message 7 of 13
Maderacopy
Aspirant

I am no longer having any issues. I reinstalled my Orbi and everything is now great.

Message 8 of 13
JBXIII
Aspirant

Good day,

I'm having the same issue and using Orbi in bridge mode.

Since a couple of days, after a period of 1 month during which the ORBI was perfectly working well, now when trying to reach any of internet website using my devices iPhone and/or macbook Pro, it's not working and I receive the error message "no such device or directory" on the safari browser page.

Same when using either ORBI wifi or direct thernet connection.

When I'm using directly the internet box internal wifi, it's working well --> problem is the Netgear Orbi system.

Sometimes, instead of the above message, I have another message saying that the problem comes from "routerlogin.net" certificate not recognized and that the system "can't check the identity of the site".

I've tried to turn off / turn on the box and the ORBI I've tried to restart them and to reset them but it's solving nothing.

Message 9 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JBClll

Do you have your modem set to modem only or do you have the orbi set to access point?

DarrenM

Message 10 of 13
JBXIII
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM, My modem (internet box) is set as modem / router and the Orbi in bridge mode. Normally, and until the problem occured, I had deactivated the wifi of the internet box to keep onlt the network created by the Orbi system. I've just reactivated it to test if the problem was coming from the box or the Orbi. As wifi is working when using box network, it confirms that Orbi is the cause.
Message 11 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to factory reset orbi you can back up your config file and reload it after the reset.

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

DarrenM

Message 12 of 13
JBXIII
Aspirant

Good day,

Yes of course I've trie to reset it to factory settings but it changed nothing. So this morning I'm going to send it back to the shop where I bought it. I have already put back my old Apple Time Capsule which is, her, still working... Not the same wifi rnage of course, but working !  

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7