Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No access to internet when connected to wireless and using work VPN but no problems when wired

bnolan001
Aspirant

No access to internet when connected to wireless and using work VPN but no problems when wired

I've been trying to solve this problem for over a week now.  I have a network setup utilizing an ORBI RBR50 Router and one Satellite.  When I'm connected to the network via WiFi and connect to my work VPN using SonicWall I can see internal network sites but cannot see external sites like Google or Netgear.  If I disable my computer's WiFi and connect via hardwire to the ORBI Router then I have full access to the internet and internal network.  I've tried turning off Circle Parental Controls, UPnP, and ensured that no services were blocked on the router.  I have also updated to the latest firmware 2.5.1.16 and still running into the issue.  

Most people seem to fix their problem by disabling Circle or UPnP but that hasn't worked in this case.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No access to internet when connected to wireless and using work VPN but no problems when wired

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the laptop the only device that experiences this between wifi and wired connections?

Message 2 of 4
bnolan001
Aspirant

Re: No access to internet when connected to wireless and using work VPN but no problems when wired

The modem I'm using is a Netgear CM1150V.  The other VPNs I've used on different machines haven't had this same issue.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible issue with the one VPN service? Is odd that it works on wired but not wireless. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7