Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No colors on top rings of NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50)

brvidorbi
Aspirant

No colors on top rings of NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50)

I've set up my (RBK50) and its providing the appropriate speedy internet connectivity to my wired and wireless devices.  The only issue is that I'm not seeing any colors from the rings on the top of the router and satellite.  When setting them up they were white for a few moments but now that the system is configured and operating the rings don't illuminate at all.  And I never saw blue on top of either of them, only white when setting them up.  Am I misunderstanding how they are meant to operate?  I thought the colors where supposed to illuminate to confirm operation and show you strong signal strenth via blue light.  I've checked the speed via various internet speed tests and it seems correct.  It's a minor concern but am I not supposed to be seeing the colors illuminating at the top of the units?  Any clarificaiton would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
quagmire1
Luminary

The Ring LEDs being off indicates normal operation.

Unlike routers of old, the Orbi is supposed to be discreet, so no flashing or bright lights except during setup or if there is an issue.

There is a small LED power light on the back which should be green.

See:

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

Message 2 of 4
brvidorbi
Aspirant

OK that makes sense, but, should either the router or satellite lite blue for a few seconds during the initial set up?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

If the BLUE led doesn't turn on on the router for a few seconds, could just mean that the connection between the router and modem was good and the router has a good connection and didn't have to turn on the top LED. I've noticed that in recent versions of FW. White, then Pink then no BLUE led. Internet connection is good. Nothing to be worried about. You should see BLUE on top of the satellites when setting them up however.

@brvidorbi wrote:

I've set up my (RBK50) and its providing the appropriate speedy internet connectivity to my wired and wireless devices.  The only issue is that I'm not seeing any colors from the rings on the top of the router and satellite.  When setting them up they were white for a few moments but now that the system is configured and operating the rings don't illuminate at all.  And I never saw blue on top of either of them, only white when setting them up.  Am I misunderstanding how they are meant to operate?  I thought the colors where supposed to illuminate to confirm operation and show you strong signal strenth via blue light.  I've checked the speed via various internet speed tests and it seems correct.  It's a minor concern but am I not supposed to be seeing the colors illuminating at the top of the units?  Any clarificaiton would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7