Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet on Orbi Satellite rbs50

zeehappy
Aspirant

No internet on Orbi Satellite rbs50

Hey all,

I’ve been having issues with my Satellite. It connects to my router and says it’s connected but when a device connects to the satellite it’s clear there is no internet connection. Devices connected to the Orbi router are fine. I’ve factory reset the whole system and nothing has helped. Also an update pops up for the router but the satellite will either fail or endlessly download the update. I hope y’all can help me get this up and running !
Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No internet on Orbi Satellite rbs50

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Please power OFF the ISP modem and Orbi RBR for 30 seconds, then power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi RBR. Walk thru the setup wizard with a web browser. 

@zeehappy wrote:
Hey all,

I’ve been having issues with my Satellite. It connects to my router and says it’s connected but when a device connects to the satellite it’s clear there is no internet connection. Devices connected to the Orbi router are fine. I’ve factory reset the whole system and nothing has helped. Also an update pops up for the router but the satellite will either fail or endlessly download the update. I hope y’all can help me get this up and running !

Message 2 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

Hey!

I currently have V2.3.1.60 loaded on both. 

The ISP is Hitron cda3-20. 

The NG router is RBR50. 

The system is operating in router mode. 

Ive tried that but nothing works. :/. 

Message 3 of 16
pablohoney
Luminary

I’m noticing this since I updated to the latest firmware version that was released a few days ago. Intermittent connection drops on the satellite.
Message 4 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What does the status say for the RBS50 connected to the RBR? 

Is the RBS wireless or wired with the RBR? 

Doe any wire connected PC or device get an IP address when connected to the RBS? 

Message 5 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

It’s about 2500s sqft, it’s about 30-40 feet away. I’ve never had an issue for a year until now. It says it’s connected and the status is good. The Pc connected to the rbs does get an IP address but the internet is extremely slow/ non existent.
Message 6 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

The connection is wireless.
Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

And you did a factory reset on the RBS and re-added it? 

What happens if you move the RBS closer to the RBR? Say 20 feet and test at this distance...same thing? 

Everything connected to the RBR works ok? 

Message 8 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

The Orbi satellite connects fine, it’s been in the same spot with no issues. Yes I did factory reset everything and same issues. I turned off the satellite and all the devices connected the rbr worked fine.
Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok just thought to check at a closer distance as a quick test to see if the problem continues or not. Does seem like the issue is with the RBS since the RBR is working...

Message 10 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

Okay so I got it closer and it connects fine and all, but the internet on the satellite is very slow. I also was able to manually update the satellite to the latest firmware.
Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

And do a factory reset on the RBS and re-add it after the FW update? 

Sounds like the RBS is going bad. 

You might contact NG support to see if there maybe anything that can be done. Not sure if an RMA is avalable. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 12 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

Yea I think so too, in the logs I did see dos Attack ack I don’t know if that could be something. Will the new Orbi satellites work with the rbr50?
Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tired removing the RBS from the RBR then try to re-add it. You have to turn the RBS OFF, then remove it from the RBRs web page. Then re-sync. The RBR should not be reporting the RBS as DDOS attacks. 

Yes. 

Message 14 of 16
zeehappy
Aspirant

I factory reset the whole system and set it up as new, but I guess I just buy a new satellite
Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Seems odd about the RBS though. 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements