Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet on Orbi router connected to cm1000 modem

Jdlee
Follower

No internet on Orbi router connected to cm1000 modem

I purchased a new cm1000 modem about a week ago, it worked great for about 5 days until I had no internet access no matter what. I replaced it with another cm1000, and initially, I had no internet access from my router (nighthawk r6700), but the internet worked fine when I had my laptop connected directly to the modem. After some troubleshooting, I determined that the router was probably dead, since I bought it several years ago. I replaced it with an Orbi router, which worked great for about a day, and now it doesn’t have any internet access, I initially though that it was a problem on my xfinity’s end, but I later realized that I still get internet access when connected directly to the modem. I have been able to login to my modem using 192.168.100.1 when connected directly using my laptop, but not through the Orbi router, which would indicate that there is a problem with the connection between the router and the modem.
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No internet on Orbi router connected to cm1000 modem

Power OFF the CM modem for 30 seconds then back on. Factory reset the RBR by pressing the back reset button for 15 seconds then release, and connect a wired PC to the back of the RBR. Use a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard at orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1. This should help you get the RBR connected to the CM modem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No internet on Orbi router connected to cm1000 modem

Power OFF the CM modem for 30 seconds then back on. Factory reset the RBR by pressing the back reset button for 15 seconds then release, and connect a wired PC to the back of the RBR. Use a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard at orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1. This should help you get the RBR connected to the CM modem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7