Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No longer can use Bluetooth with PC

wesleyrm
Tutor

No longer can use Bluetooth with PC

Hello,

I recently installed an Orbi Router and satellite. RBR50 firmware 2.5.1.8.

It’s affecting the Bluetooth connection on my PC and not allowing me to connect my headset or mouse. I’ve never run into this issue before with a router or 2.4ghz. Checking online, I tried some solutions such as changing the channel for the 2.4ghz band. However this did not solve the issue.

Can anything be done to solve this issue? The satellite is in the same room as my PC, but if I turn it off and try connecting to the router, which is downstairs, I still have the same issue.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try lowering the power output of the RBR if needed and you think the Orbi is effecting your BT devices. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@wesleyrm wrote:
Hello,

It’s affecting the Bluetooth connection on my PC and not allowing me to connect my headset or mouse. I’ve never run into this issue before with a router or 2.4ghz. Checking online, I tried some solutions such as changing the channel for the 2.4ghz band. However this did not solve the issue.

Can anything be done to solve this issue? The satellite is in the same room as my PC, but if I turn it off and try connecting to the router, which is downstairs, I still have the same issue.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I have no doubt there is a problem with the PC bluetooth connection.  Doubt very much it is the Orbi.  I regularly sit three feet from my Orbi with all sorts of bluetooth devices having a merry time. What happens when ALL of the Orbi devices are turned off?

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try lowering the power output of the RBR if needed and you think the Orbi is effecting your BT devices. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@wesleyrm wrote:
Hello,

Message 3 of 6
wesleyrm
Tutor

Once I turn off the orbi devices and use the stock router that came from my ISP the BT with my PC works again. 

@CrimpOn wrote:

I have no doubt there is a problem with the PC bluetooth connection.  Doubt very much it is the Orbi.  I regularly sit three feet from my Orbi with all sorts of bluetooth devices having a merry time. What happens when ALL of the Orbi devices are turned off?

Message 4 of 6
wesleyrm
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@wesleyrm wrote:
Hello,

Thanks! I dropped 2.4Ghz to 75% and my BT on PC now works and connects to devices again. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that worked. 

Enjoy. 

@wesleyrm wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@wesleyrm wrote:
Hello,

Thanks! I dropped 2.4Ghz to 75% and my BT on PC now works and connects to devices again. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7