Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No more wifi schedule in firmware 1.12.0.18 (not in V2.0.0.74 either)

WadeS
Aspirant

@DarrenM or other Netgear Product Management folks, when do you anticipate a Firmware update being released to reintroduce this feature?  

I would echo most of the commentary here that find it ridiculous that you removed this useful feature from the product without any real announcement.  This capability was a major reason that I purchased your product and continue to be very disappointed with how this has unfolded.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 51 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

@Christian_R

@WadeS wrote:

@DarrenM or other Netgear Product Management folks, when do you anticipate a Firmware update being released to reintroduce this feature?  

I would echo most of the commentary here that find it ridiculous that you removed this useful feature from the product without any real announcement.  This capability was a major reason that I purchased your product and continue to be very disappointed with how this has unfolded.

Message 52 of 62
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @WadeS,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is on the road map for the engineers and is planned to be added in the future firmware release. At this time, there is no ETA of when. 

~Christian 

Message 53 of 62
Perts
Tutor

Hi Christian

Appreciate that your the "meat in the sandwich" here but can you get some sort of committment - even an approximate target date?  Your response is consistant with my future plan to fly to Mars!

Message 54 of 62
Daddyfinger
Aspirant

Re: No more wifi schedule in firmware 1.12.0.18

Can I set the scheduling to block certain devices, for my kids. At night using the Orbi app on my phone? They stay up way too late playing games or on the computer. I tried looking through the settings feature on the iPhone app but found nothing besides the manual switch to block the WiFi for certain devices.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 55 of 62
ekhalil
Master

Re: No more wifi schedule in firmware 1.12.0.18

@Daddyfinger wrote:
Can I set the scheduling to block certain devices, for my kids. At night using the Orbi app on my phone? They stay up way too late playing games or on the computer. I tried looking through the settings feature on the iPhone app but found nothing besides the manual switch to block the WiFi for certain devices.

Please check this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBK-50-AC3000-Access-rules/m-p/1689441/highlight/true#M49...

Message 56 of 62
WadeS
Aspirant

@Christian_R , is there any update on when the wifi scheduling feature will be returning to the Orbi Firmware?  Can it at least be returned for systems that are running in Ethernet Backhaul mode?

Message 57 of 62
AndyMCQ
Initiate

Just finished reading this thread and seeing how Netgear doesn't care about their clients: 2 YEARS!! have passed since this thread was started and all we have received from Netgear are unfulfilled promises. I'm Returning my Orbi System this week. Good luck holding on to your clients, netgear.
Message 58 of 62
RabanePaco
Guide

Indeed, I think Netgear  really s..cks. We just had a firmware ubgade, but no possibility to ad a WiFi schedule. 

I put my Orbi's on an "intelligent" Home Plug system. This works pretty well.

But i intend to see if other systems, e.g. Devolo do have the possibility of a WiFi schedule.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 59 of 62
RabanePaco
Guide

To repeat my request once more: I want a schedule to switch my WiFi off during nighttime and switch it on in the morning. Any WiFi modem I have owned had this possiblility. It would be great if the Orbi could be turned on through WOL (Wake On LAN).

As I said I added this possiblity through intelligent sockets, of course except the WOL, but I can turn it on through the old WiFi on my modem;  abit of a cludge, I admit.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 60 of 62
WadeS
Aspirant

Is there any update as to if this feature will ever be added back to the Orbi firmware?  A lot of people are interested in the ability to turn off the wifi antennaes during the overnight hours to reduce the background radio waves/radiation that the system is emitting.

-Wade

Message 61 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to post about here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

@WadeS wrote:

Is there any update as to if this feature will ever be added back to the Orbi firmware?  A lot of people are interested in the ability to turn off the wifi antennaes during the overnight hours to reduce the background radio waves/radiation that the system is emitting.

-Wade

Message 62 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7