Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No more wifi schedule in firmware 1.12.0.18

Marco_BE
Tutor

Re: No more wifi schedule in firmware 1.12.0.18 (not in V2.0.0.74 either)

Dear Darren,

The issue has been explained all possible ways by users on this forum without any proper answer to solve it , neither plan to get a fix.

It is very clear now that netgear has purposely removed this feature from the product and this without prior notification to their customers.

So, if after the many complaints addressed to technical support thru this forum, there is still no plan to reintegrate this feature into the product, I’m afraid the last remaining possibility is to contact consumer magazines and make it highly visible on the market.

Maybe you can make this reaching your marketing / sales team to hopefully trigger a bit more attention to customer voice.

Sorry Netgear, you don’t deserve your customer’s trust anymore.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 26 of 62
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Marco_BE

I have been aware of the need of this feature since it was removed and have been asking about it. I have been informed that it is on the engineers road map to be added back in a future firmware but I do not have a ETA on when.

DarrenM

Message 27 of 62
DThorson
Aspirant

As a new user of the Orbi system I want to also log my concern that this function is gone. I need to schedule a stop to wifi service in the middle of the night to limit use by a child who will stay up all night and game. He has agreed with this direction but your removing this from the firmware is preventing us from doing what we need to do.

Message 28 of 62
poekie68
Initiate

Hi Daren,

I think my question was clear? It's not about blocking services or internet access, it's about turning off the wifi signal.

One option in the log-files settings (Advanced > Administration > Logs") is to log "Turn of wireless signal by schedule". So the feature must stil be available, but hidden? 

See image below

Please, as many users in this thread, I am not asking if but when is this essential function being returned in the product?

Regards,

Willem

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-13 om 13.36.48.png

Message 29 of 62
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I do not have a ETA on this feature returning I have expressed the opinion of the community wanting this feature back I will post if I hear any news on this feature.

DarrenM

Message 30 of 62
Bart_BE
Aspirant

Re: No more wifi schedule in firmware 1.12.0.18

Hi,

Today I received my RBK50, after spending more than one hour to look where to disable the WIFI during night. I founded this thread, and I'm really disappointment that such basic feature is removed (even my previous and much cheaper router has such a feature).

Can you pleasde confirm it will be added back and an ETA, because otherwise I'm thinking of shipping the router and satellite back to the store because I consulted the specs in advance, and now the product doens't works as expected...

Regards,

Bart

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 31 of 62
Marco_BE
Tutor

Hi Netgear,
Any ETA update for return of this feature into the basic FW build ?
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 32 of 62
dcreesy
Aspirant

Willem, thanks for kicking off this community thread!

I have the same requirement; to turn off wifi radio signal at night to reduce the EMF's while the family sleep.

I am now researching an alternative router with Wifi on/off scheduler.

I also need UPNP for Security Cams (wired) and kids gaming.

If I find a good alternative I will report here. 

dcreesy.

Message 33 of 62
Emperor1
Guide

Any update on this very important (deleted & missing) feature ?

It's extremely important to allow users to turn off wifi (for example during night) ...

Please re-enter wifi schedule ASAP !!!

Message 34 of 62
RabanePaco
Guide

Almost a year since this thread got started, and still no solution. I think both my router and the satellite will go onto a time clock. Not a great solution. 

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 35 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

You can post about this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

@DarrenM

@RabanePaco wrote:

Almost a year since this thread got started, and still no solution. I think both my router and the satellite will go onto a time clock. Not a great solution. 

Message 36 of 62
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

This feature is planned to be added back in a upcoming firmware.

DarrenM

Message 37 of 62
RabanePaco
Guide

Another year?

Message 38 of 62
RabanePaco
Guide

Message 39 of 62
Stardust83
Aspirant

Dears

I just bought an Orbi - great stuff but really strange to find that an essential feature such as wifi schedule not to be present! I would like very much to have this feature given possible health benefits by reducing radiation. Futhermore, environmental concerns should be considered as well.

Please push this functionality to be implemented soon, Netgear (plus ideally a mass storage support for the USB plug..), thanks!
Message 40 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

You can post about this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

@Stardust83 wrote:
Dears

I just bought an Orbi - great stuff but really strange to find that an essential feature such as wifi schedule not to be present! I would like very much to have this feature given possible health benefits by reducing radiation. Futhermore, environmental concerns should be considered as well.

Please push this functionality to be implemented soon, Netgear (plus ideally a mass storage support for the USB plug..), thanks!

Message 41 of 62
Perts
Tutor

Hi Darren

It appears that the Wifi scheduling feature is not a high priority to reintstate and with no clear date as to when this may happen.  Considering I purchased the Orbi (in good faith) when this feature was available and advertised as such, I feel that I now have a product that does not do what was promised by Netgear at the time of purchase.  With that in mind, can you please provide the information to have this product returned for a full refund so that I can purchase a more suitable product that will serve my purpose.

Regards

Paul

Message 42 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support. Theres nothing we can do here in the forums to help you. 

Good Luck. 

@Perts wrote:

Hi Darren

It appears that the Wifi scheduling feature is not a high priority to reintstate and with no clear date as to when this may happen.  Considering I purchased the Orbi (in good faith) when this feature was available and advertised as such, I feel that I now have a product that does not do what was promised by Netgear at the time of purchase.  With that in mind, can you please provide the information to have this product returned for a full refund so that I can purchase a more suitable product that will serve my purpose.

Regards

Paul

Message 43 of 62
RabanePaco
Guide

I have both my master and slave Orbi on a timer switch. Of course not the frefered sollution, but it works fine. 

Message 44 of 62
Stardust83
Aspirant

I use 3 Orbis & had planned to add a 4th, thus for me buying and managing 3 or even 4 time switches to circumvent a simple software issue (of a functionality that had apparently even existed!) of a system that cost 700 bucks or more just seems ridiculous 😕

But thanks for your input, could work when only using 1 satellite..
Message 45 of 62
dcreesy
Aspirant

I have now switched to the equivalent TP Link that DOES have a Wi-fi scheduler for the same reasons. I have used Nethear for years but this basic omission is serious enough for me to leave Netgear. All my home security cams are wired but need the router on 24 hours, so a timer on the router is simply not an option.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 46 of 62
dcreesy
Aspirant

I have now switched to the equivalent TP Link that DOES have a Wi-fi scheduler for the same reasons. I have used Netgear for years but this basic omission is serious enough for me to leave Netgear. All my home security cams are wired but need the router on 24 hours, so a timer on the router is simply not an option.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 47 of 62
Stardust83
Aspirant

Could you give me the exact TP model? To me its a major annoyance as well, so i‘m looking for viable alternatives!
Thanks!
Message 48 of 62
dcreesy2
Aspirant

This is a useful link to see which models have a wifi scheduler. https://www.tp-link.com/uk/emulators.html

This will allow you to move around the config menus for all the routers.

Then go to the Advanced tab and then Wireless, then look for "- Wireless Schedule".  

If you find this menu itt confirms that model has the facility.

I have the the TP Link VR400 that defiantely has the scheduler. It cost me £60 ($77 USD) and it a VDSL Router, meaning I can replace both my ISP modem and router with one device. Works well with BT in the UK.

There are more powerful VR models that also have wifi scheduler.

E.G. VR900 - TP-Link AC1900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (BT Infinity, TalkTalk, EE and PlusNet Fibre) 2 USB, 3.0 Ports, UK Plug (Archer VR900 V2)

And no I don't work for TP-Link or any other affiliations. I have been a Netgear fan for decades.

But this function is mandetory for me. I have converted my home to wireless-less, even the 2.4 handsfree Landlines are now wired.

I hope this helps 🙂

Dave, in the UK.

Message 49 of 62
Stardust83
Aspirant

Hi Dave

Thanks so much for this valuable information, great stuff!

Best wishes
Message 50 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7