Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No orbi wifi but still wifi

Famke
Aspirant

No orbi wifi but still wifi

hello, we bought orbi rbr20 to help our nighthawk to get wifi around the house. We were not be able to download apps with IOS. I had contact with the support and they told me to change the nighthawk router to bridge/pass-through mode. I have don this and this did not work. Then they gave me the advise to change the orbi to Acces Point mode. Here is my problem, i do not get on the orbilogin with any of my devices. I get the message that i am not connected with orbi wifi but i am still using the same wifi for this message so im connected. What is wrong? Can somebody please help me. 

Greetings

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the model # of the Nighthawk router? 

Use a wired Pc connected to the back of the RBR and connect to the RBRs web page using a web browser here...

@Famke wrote:

hello, we bought orbi rbr20 to help our nighthawk to get wifi around the house. We were not be able to download apps with IOS. I had contact with the support and they told me to change the nighthawk router to bridge/pass-through mode. I have don this and this did not work. Then they gave me the advise to change the orbi to Acces Point mode. Here is my problem, i do not get on the orbilogin with any of my devices. I get the message that i am not connected with orbi wifi but i am still using the same wifi for this message so im connected. What is wrong? Can somebody please help me. 

Greetings

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Famke wrote:

........ i do not get on the orbilogin with any of my devices. I get the message that i am not connected with orbi wifi but i am still using the same wifi for this message so im connected. What is wrong? Can somebody please help me. 

Greetings

1. Do you have this issue using both wired and wireless devices?
  2. Use the command prompt from any computer attacged to Orbi to execute the command traceroute orbilogin.com. What do you get?
  3. From the Attached Devices in your Nighthawk router, what IP address does Orbi have? Will using this IP address work to access Orbi?
Message 3 of 5
Famke
Aspirant

thanks for answering. it looks like the problem has been resolved this night. I was probably impatient. 😏
Greetings
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you know how it might have been solved? 

Glad it's working now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Famke wrote:
thanks for answering. it looks like the problem has been resolved this night. I was probably impatient. 😏
Greetings

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7