Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No support from netgear when a ticket is input and support contacted about registering products

Synnottd
Tutor

No support from netgear when a ticket is input and support contacted about registering products

No support from Netgear on open box or refurbished items sold by netgear or Amazon.  I have purchased an orbi router from Amazon.com (open box) but can’t register it because netgear site says it already been registered by a support professional and shows it as a refurbished item.  I contacted support by phone and wasted my valuable time following their instructions to include sending a copy of the purchase receipt, having a support ticket created, replying to the ticket and reattaching a receipt, waiting days to only receive one single response saying my ticket will closed if I don’t reply to it online again, which I did to include another copy of the purchase receipt from amazon.  The ticket was created in March, and seven weeks have gone by and no movement on the request has been done.. no info from netgear support, ticket is still open.  I have updated the ticket approximately 10 times and no one will reply or update anything.  I only want it registered to myself since I in good faith purchased it.  Its now 2018 and it feels like its 20 years ago and I’m dealing with changing the world and have to clime mountains to get a single thing changed.  All the traffic on this support site lists hundreds of people who paid good money for item that were fixed and resold but netgear refuses to change one simple process about registering an item that is no longer owned by someone that had it when it was broken.. Totally unacceptable and frustrating for myself and anyone that unknowingly purchased a repaired or refurbished item in good faith.. This needs to be fixed.

Currently I can not use some apps because it requests that you register the product..  NETGEAR support case #29872341 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: No support from netgear when a ticket is input and support contacted about registering products

NETGEAR's warranty applies only to the original purchaser.

NETGEAR's warranty might not be valid for your item if it was previously sold, especially if it was refurbished.  

You might have better luck working with Amazon customer service.  At least you can confirm whether your item was supposed to be warranted. If it was supposed to have a warranty, and NETGEAR refuses to honor it, then you should ask Amazon to take it back.

Message 2 of 4
Synnottd
Tutor

Re: No support from netgear when a ticket is input and support contacted about registering products

Not trying to get any warranty I just want to be able to register it on netgear.  Not asking for the world just to register it as mine.. Thank you for the reply.

Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

OK.

Did you log into MyNetgear and check your list of registered devices to make sure it's not shown there.

You shouldn't need to register to use the product.  You wrote above that you couldn't use some apps without registering.  What apps are those?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7