Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No transmittion speed seen in Obi App

Sanibel1
Aspirant

No transmittion speed seen in Obi App

Hi all,

inm y Orbi APP i don't see any longer the transmittion speed of my connected devices to the Satellites.

All Systems are up to the latest Version of Firmware.

And please don't tell me I have to do a Firmware Reset- please..

Best

Henry

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: No transmittion speed seen in Obi App

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here. However, the Orbi is very different from a standard router, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 5
Sanibel1
Aspirant

Re: No transmission speed seen in Obi App

??? What is the solution here please...

Your answer doesn't solve anything

Henry

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5

Re: No transmission speed seen in Obi App

@Sanibel1 wrote:

??? What is the solution here please...

Your answer doesn't solve anything

Henry

You asked in the wrong place. People who understand the Orbi system don't hang out here.

I could also have added that your question needs a a better explanation. But I sense that this isn't the sort of thing that would come easy to you..

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: No transmittion speed seen in Obi App

@Sanibel1 wrote:

in my Orbi APP i don't see any longer the transmittion speed of my connected devices to the Satellites.

All Systems are up to the latest Version of Firmware.

And please don't tell me I have to do a Firmware Reset- please..

I, also have the latest firmware on my Orbi, and the 'app'

• Shows the Link Rate for devices connected to the router
  • Shows the Link Rate for devices connected to an RBS40V satellite
  • Does not show the Link rate for devices connected to an RBS50 satellite.

There is a third part tool that uses SOAP calls to display Orbi information in an Excel spreadsheet.  That too displays the same information. Router and RBS40V have Link Rates and signal strength. RBS50 has no Link Rate and every device shows a signal strength of 100%.  The fault, therefore, is not in the Orbi 'app' but in the firmware that collects inforamation from the satellite.Netgear quality control strikes again!

So I have a decision to make. How important is it for the Orbi 'app' to show Link Rates on devices connected to that satellite? (or for my Excel tool to do that?)  I could experiment with loading previous versions of firmware to find the most recent version that 'works'.

As one may have guessed, my choice remains, "Oh, well. Maybe someday Link Rates will come back, but I doubt it."

If this feature is a "deal breaker", then  yes, not only a firmware reset, but perhaps many firmware reloads and resets.

I can offer one ray of hope.  Doing a firmware reset is not all that bad if the configuration is saved and reloaded.  Takes about 15 minutes.

• Save a copy of the current config to a computer using the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net)
    (Advanced Tab, Administration, Backup Settings)
  • On the same menu page, select "Revert to Factory Settings".
    (Or do the paperclip routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 )
  • When the Orbi router reboots, connect to the router again.
  • Go through the setup process to the point that the web menu appears
    (Turning down Circle, Armor, not setting anything, not registering the Orbi, etc.)
  • Return to the Advanced Tab, Administration, Backup Settings and Restore settings from your computer.
  • The Orbi wlll reboot and you're done.

I say a tiny ray of hope because I have no confidence that the problem is some error that has crept into the Orbi memory.  Instead the problem is probably coded into the firmware and this 15 minutes will not result in any improvement.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7