Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No upload on sattelite

Geniet
Guide

Here is 2 screenshots where I am close to the router...
Message 26 of 36
Geniet
Guide

Message 27 of 36
ekhalil
Master

I can see that you have Daisy Chain enabled. Please disable it before doing the procedure above. You don't need Daisy Chain as you only have one satellite.

If you see in the snapshot that you posted below:

Screenshot_20190119-173232_WiFiAnalyzer (1).jpg

The red boxes are around your backhaul networks: One from your Router and the other one is from your Satellite. Not sure which is which (Please deactivate Daisy Chain so you only keep the Router's network).

But you can see that where you are standing with your phone one of the networks has very low level (-87 dBm) so I don't think that you have a good coverage there on that channel.

Message 28 of 36
ekhalil
Master

If the second screen shot was when you were standing close to the router then the MAC ending with 8f:ca is the Satellite and 6f:27 is the Router.

Please deactivate Daisy Chain, you don't need it, the network from the Satellite just imposes interference on the network from the Router since both transmit on the same channel.

Message 29 of 36
ekhalil
Master

So for you to have good speeds from devices connected to the satellite, you should get good level of signal for the Router network (MAC ending with 6f:27) when you stand with your wifi analyser close to the Satellite.

Message 30 of 36
Geniet
Guide

Hi . I have now tried to set the channel to 116 and 140 . There was not much improvement in the signal and the speed test came out with the same result so I changed the channel back to 108... I think that the satellite has a defect . I must try and find the receipt and get a new one
Message 31 of 36
ekhalil
Master

Have you also deactivated Daisy Chain?
Message 32 of 36
Geniet
Guide

Yes , I did that first
Message 33 of 36
ekhalil
Master

@Geniet wrote:
Yes , I did that first

Then I think that we have now done the troubleshooting that we can do. This can be a faulty unit, either the router or the satellite. 

Message 34 of 36
Geniet
Guide

Yes , I think you are right. Thanks all of you for all your support , it has been very helpful even though it did not work. I have learned a lot about my WiFi that I never knew before. I will remember to post it here when I get a new one that is working ...
Message 35 of 36
ekhalil
Master

@Geniet wrote:
Yes , I think you are right. Thanks all of you for all your support , it has been very helpful even though it did not work. I have learned a lot about my WiFi that I never knew before. I will remember to post it here when I get a new one that is working ...

Yes please keep us updated how it goes.

Good luck!

Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7