Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not All Channels Available RBR40 Router / RBR30 satellite

gdoug060765
Follower

Not All Channels Available RBR40 Router / RBR30 satellite

My Orbi App is listing recommended channels that do not appear at all in the drop down lists on the browser interface. I have "Auto" selected for the 2.4 network, which is fine, but the 5g list only has 36, 40, 44, and 48 as available choices. All 4 of those choices show multiple networks in the area using them. How do I access the other channels?
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Not All Channels Available RBR40 Router / RBR30 satellite

Those are the only channels available on Orbi systems. All channels above 48 are used by the wireless backhaul system of Orbi and are not user configurable. 

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Not All Channels Available RBR40 Router / RBR30 satellite

@gdoug060765 wrote:
My Orbi App is listing recommended channels that do not appear at all in the drop down lists on the browser interface. I have "Auto" selected for the 2.4 network, which is fine, but the 5g list only has 36, 40, 44, and 48 as available choices. All 4 of those choices show multiple networks in the area using them. How do I access the other channels?

Auto may be ok for 2.4, but you wouyld be better off selecting a channel for better performance. Regarding 5Ghz, since it is such a narrow field, there is usually no interference. But for consistancy it's better to choose a channel as well.

Example:

I was set to Auto for both channels and had flakey WIFI speeds. So checking 2.4Ghz, channel 1 was used less that other channels. So I selected channel 1. My 5Ghz had less traffic on channel 48, so I selected 48. I have since had rock solid performance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7