Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nothing connects to my Orbi satellite

Tracytreit
Aspirant

Nothing connects to my Orbi satellite

I was told to purchase this so everything wouldn’t be on the same router and my speed would be better. I have had it for 2 months and nothing connects to the satellite. The satellite is on a different floor, I can see that it is connected to my network. But 15 devices are connected to the main router and nothing to the satellite. I am having speed issues and connectivity issues.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Mooose
Luminary

Could you try temporarily connecting an Ethernet cable for wired backhaul between the router and satellite to rule out connection issues between them?
Message 2 of 7
Tracytreit
Aspirant

So I should bring the satellite to the main and connect with a cable. What do I do next to see if there is connection issues between them?

On my app,
I can see both the router and the satellite.
Message 3 of 7
Mooose
Luminary

Would it be possible to leave it where it is (or where you would prefer to have it) and use a long cable?
Message 4 of 7
Tracytreit
Aspirant

Ok I will have to purchase one for that distance. After I get the cable and connect to the two ports what do I do?
Message 5 of 7
Tracytreit
Aspirant

Okay I found a cable. It said connection wired and then it showed 4 items connected to satellite. When i disconnect from cable it goes back to no connections on satellite
Message 6 of 7
Mooose
Luminary

With the wired connection, do you get speeds you are expecting from devices in the area serviced by the satellite?

Is it possible to route a cable permanently for wired backhaul? Even if you did have a decent wireless connection wired does have several advantages.

If you log into the web interface (likely 192.168.0.1 if you haven’t changed it) with the cable disconnected and navigate to the connected devices tab, what does it say in the Backhaul Status column for your satellite?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7