Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI 129 Problem

JohnInLC
Follower

ORBI 129 Problem

I have only owned this a month or so.  I have three units.  One at the computer, one in a room toward the end of the house, and one in a garage.  They have all worked impeccably until yesterday when the one in the garage showed no light at the top.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in and after long flashing it did go back to the purple I was used to seeing.  Problem is it does not hold it and now, I see no light but I am geeting some reception in the garage...about 75mbp when I was getting close to 400.  I have made no changes to anything so I cannot figure why the connection will not hold.  

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI 129 Problem

@JohnInLC wrote:

I have only owned this a month or so.  I have three units.  One at the computer, one in a room toward the end of the house, and one in a garage.  They have all worked impeccably until yesterday when the one in the garage showed no light at the top.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in and after long flashing it did go back to the purple I was used to seeing.  Problem is it does not hold it and now, I see no light but I am geeting some reception in the garage...about 75mbp when I was getting close to 400.  I have made no changes to anything so I cannot figure why the connection will not hold.  

ORBI129 may be the WiFi name (SSID).  It would be helpful to know the model numbers on the bottom labels of the router and satellites.

Orbi color codes are explained in this post:

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

After about 2 minutes, the Orbi satellites do not show any "ring light" at the top.  "Blue" means "good signal" and "magenta" means "poor signal".  "Purple is not one of the choices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7