Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI 20 slow speed on 2,4G

Samsioe
Aspirant

ORBI 20 slow speed on 2,4G

Hi all!

Just replaced my AIMesh system with ORBI AC2200 due to AIMesh instability. Decided to keep one ASUS Router as router and has setup the ORBI RBR20 as an AP. Everything runs well and smooth on the 5GHz band with speeds around 240 Mbit/s (which is close to may internet speed 250/250). But on 2,4 Ghz band I only gets around 20-25 Mbit/s. If I activate the 2,4G on my ASUS router I get around 100 Mbit/s with 40 MHz bandwidth. I have also noticed that ORBI stays at 20 MHz bandwidth whatever I try in configurations. Any hints?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI 20 slow speed on 2,4G

Ya if you only have 2 RBS, you can disble Daisy Chain. 

Glad it's working well now. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Reboot both Orbi system and wireless device your testing with. 

Try a different wireless device to test with to compare...

Message 2 of 4
Samsioe
Aspirant

Hi and thank for respons!

Using latest firmware.

Apprx 90 sq meters.

Distance approx 10 meters

Currently ch 11.

WiFi Neighbors 3 visible in WiFi analyzer at <-80dBm. 

I have finally solved the problem and has now approx 100 Mbit/s on 2,4 Ghz. Did a factory reset on both router and sattelite and a new installation from start using the WEB Gui. My setup is as follows:

AP mode

Circle disabled

Guest disabled

Coexistense 20/40 disabled

WMM enabled

Daisy chain enabled (could be disabled I guess as I only have one sattelite)

Implicit beamforming enabled

MU-MIMO enabled

Fast Roaming enabled

With above setup 2,4G now runs smoothly with 40 MHz bandwith and approx 100Mbit/s throuput.

So problem solved!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya if you only have 2 RBS, you can disble Daisy Chain. 

Glad it's working well now. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7