Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AC 2200; RBK20W

LaSabana
Aspirant

ORBI AC 2200; RBK20W

Model Version: Wireless Router RBK20W. Model number RBR20. Firmware version:2.2.1.210; App version:2.2.7.453.

I recently purchased this ORBI and the set up went well w/o any issue. Initially, i had this unit configured so that the Ethernet was going to my laptop. While this configuration worked well for 4-5 days all of sudden i could access website w/o receiving a "Hmmmm...can't reach this page and Try this" etc. And i would see this page while moving from one website to another. Finally, I contacted ORBI supoort where a gentleman patiently walked me through setting different DNS configurations for primary, secondary and the third level.And while in this new setup I was able to navigate easily w/o issue. This lasted a couple of days and then returned to seeing the "Hmmm" page. In frustration I disconnected the Ethernet and went wireless. Eventhough, it is slower than than the ethernet i am no longer getting the previous error message. So, I am reaching out to this community to see if anyone has an idea which i can apply so that i can return to higher speed ethernet connection. Clearly the ORBI support was not helpful or their adjustments did not resolve this issue in this case. Thank you

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI AC 2200; RBK20W

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.

Message 2 of 4
LaSabana
Aspirant

Current Firmware is: Router Firmware Version V2.2.1.210.

ISP modem is : Arris SB6190

Size of home 1310 sqft. Straight line distance from furthest Satellite to Router is 47ft.

Currently set on channel 11 for 2.4Ghz and 48 for 5Ghz

Since I have the latest fimware please advise as to enabling Daisy Chain??.

And as i have indicated i have the latest FW do you still recommend that i; Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Thank you for your assistence.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, for unknown reasons the behavior of Daisy Chain changed in this version of FW. So if it shows as unchecked or disabled in the UI, it's actually enabled and ON. So for this version of FW, check and enabled Daisy Chain to make it disabled. NG is aware of this issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7