Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AC1200

Firierab
Follower

ORBI AC1200

ORBI RBR10 PLUS TWO RBS10's connected to a Vodaphone THG3000 Modem/Router.

Although this system is connected and works fairly well, it is not as good as I had thought it would be. I still have issues, one being that the Orbi app keeps telling me that the internet is offline however everything appears to be connected??  I have disabled the wireless from the THG3000. My question is, do I bin the THG3000 and go the whole hog and buy a proper Modem, and if so what would be recommended for the Orbi System

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: ORBI AC1200

@Firierab wrote:

ORBI RBR10 PLUS TWO RBS10's connected to a Vodaphone THG3000 Modem/Router.

Although this system is connected and works fairly well, it is not as good as I had thought it would be. I still have issues, one being that the Orbi app keeps telling me that the internet is offline however everything appears to be connected??  I have disabled the wireless from the THG3000. My question is, do I bin the THG3000 and go the whole hog and buy a proper Modem, and if so what would be recommended for the Orbi System

You're getting the offline notice because you're running a double nat. Disabling wifi doesn't disable the routing function on the thg3000. You'd need it in passthrough mode or the orbi in AP (access point) mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

You've also bought the most basic of the orbi systems that's only a dual band. The benefits to the tri-band setups is that they reserve one radio just for router----satellite communication. It has much better throughput (speed) than the dual band setups. 

Not saying this setup is bad but the devices running of the satellites tend to run at a lower speed than the other orbi systems.

https://dongknows.com/netgear-orbi-rbk13-ac1200-dual-band-mesh-wi-fi-system-review/

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7