Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AC2200 AP mode

VHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

ORBI AC2200 AP mode

HI,

I am using ORBI AC2200. When i configured as AP mode at the master router, can I use the "internet" port as one of the L2 ports to connect upstream? Somehow it works but its not stable. The Wifi via Orbi is up but the connection to the internet from my mobile devices was not stable. It does not have any issue if I connect the uplink (to my firewall) onto the rest of the ports. Is that only my issue?

Moroever, can I switch off the light as when I connect nothing on the interet port it keeps light on which is disturbing.

thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
VHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: ORBI AC2200 AP mode

thanks. i try again this evening and it works fine with the internet port as l2 uplink now. the wifi is stable. Thanks all

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I believe the Orbi is intended to connect using the WAN (Internet) port, but that it may function in AP mode using any of the LAN ports.

The "ring light" on the Orbi is supposed to be OFF when it is working correctly.

Here's a link to what the LED on the back and the ring light at the top indicates:

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

Maybe the light being on is a function of not being connected using the WAN port?

Message 2 of 6
VHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi. thanks
so what I would like to find out is that if i can use the internet port as uplink if i use ap mode. as when i used that my wifi conection is not stable. i wonder if that is my orbi problem or officially netgear is not suggesting to connect that way. as if i can use that officially means i hv one more ethernet port
yes the light ring will be off if sth is connected. if i cannot use the internet port i will simply plug a loopback there to get rid of light. thanks
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

When i AP mode the WAN port should be connected to tha main host router. The top LED inidicator depends on the WAN port being used. I have my RBK50 in AP mode using the WAN port. Works well. 

Message 4 of 6
VHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks. i try again this evening and it works fine with the internet port as l2 uplink now. the wifi is stable. Thanks all
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements