Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI AC2200 Micro Router RBR20 not working after power outage

Suz96707
Aspirant

ORBI AC2200 Micro Router RBR20 not working after power outage

Router was connected to a Spectrum modem. After power outage, router no longer accessed internet even though modem has internet access. Reset, unplugged and resynched but nothing works. Spectrum router works fine. 

Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

What modem do you have? 

You put "spectrum router works fine". 

Are you going modem---->spectrum router---->orbi? 

what actual setup do you have? (with device models)

Message 2 of 11
Suz96707
Aspirant

I have a Spectrum modem.  I had the Orbi22 router connected to the modem prior to the outage and all was good.  I purchased the Orbi so I could have a signal extender to reach a device in my detached garage.  After the outage, the Orbi flashed pink and was not accessing the internet.  The wifi worked and all my devices showed connection to the Orbi network, but no internet.  When I contacted Spectrum, they said the modem showed internet access but the router wasn't picking it up.  I disconnected the Orbi and called to have Spectrum help me connect the Spectrum router, which worked fine.  The technician told me I could connect the Orbi router to the Spectrum router if I wanted to use that, but when I connect it, the Orbi flashes pink and there is no internet going through that network.  I tried resetting it, I tried disconnecting the power for two minutes, but nothing changes.  

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 4 of 11
Suz96707
Aspirant

I took a photo of the bottom of the Spectrum modem. I don't know the model. Similarly, I don't know the model of the router from Spectrum but can send a photo. I can only attach one photo to this message. 

Message 5 of 11
Suz96707
Aspirant

581EE589-8EB1-4D8D-9A33-0FB772C1144E.jpegthis is the modem information

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please use the Choose File button when you post the picture file to the post. Inline pictures have to be approved by a forum moderator.

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

If you're connecting your orbi to your spectrum router, you'd either need the Orbi in access point mode or you'd need to put the orbi's ip address into the spectrums DMZ. 

And like @FURRYe38 says, to add a photo, click on choose file. If you add it the route you did, a moderator has to approve it and it can take a while. 

Message 8 of 11
Suz96707
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I tried adding a file, but could only add one picture. I have a number for Netgear and Orbi support that the Spectrum tech gave me so I will try calling tomorrow. 

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

If the spectrum tech googled for the number, its likely a scam site. To contact netgear, click on "mynetgear" at the top. register an account and your device. From there you contact support. 

Message 10 of 11
Suz96707
Aspirant

My warranty is expired as this was registered in December, 2019.  Unfortunately, there is no support unless I want to pay for a service contract.  I am going to try to get a signal booster from somewhere else that will support me.  I really liked the ORBI, but without support, it's worthless to me at this point.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7