Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AC2200 Routerwill not reset!

BigPacific
Follower

ORBI AC2200 Routerwill not reset!

My Orbi AC2200 Router (RBR40) will not reset to factory settings. I maintain meticulous records of my user names and passwords as well as security questions and responses.  I have been having slow internet speeds and it was isolated by my internet provided to the Orbi router and they recommended I login to verify the settings. However, none of my passwords or security phrases would work.  After many tries, they recomended I reset the router.  However, the router will not reset.  Thus, I am locked out of my own router.  I have owned this system for less than a year and called netgear to get help.  They tried to sell me a subscription to online support.  How can they sell a product that apparently locks you out, won't reset and then require you to pay them additional money to solve the issue?  I own two of these systems and this is the first issue I have had.  That said, I am really frustrated.  Thanks for your help!

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI AC2200 Routerwill not reset!

Is this the procedure that was used to "reset" the router? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI AC2200 Routerwill not reset!

15 second press is needed on the reset button in back. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7