Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI AC3000 Tri-Band disconnects continuously

vangalkarthik
Follower

ORBI AC3000 Tri-Band disconnects continuously

Hi,

My ORBI AC3000 Tri-band system disconnects from the Internet continuously everyday. The performance during the first two weeks was phenomenal. However, it has deteriorated ever since. The firmware is up to date and there seems to be no issues with the cables/connections.

I have tried to reach out for help through the customer service hotline and I spent over 40 min waiting to speak to the right person. I would really appreciate any help/suggestions to fix the issue!

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 4
mpf541
Apprentice

Mine worked great for untill they upgraded the firmware to V2. Then it drops the internet connection 1-2 times a day thgat I notice. Could be more but it will reconnect after 5-10 min. 

This firmware has problems and they have not been able to fix it yet. I am hopefull but if you have a chance to return it and get your money back I would do it now. 

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello vangalkarthik

What firmware version are you on? Have you tried to enable beamforming and MUMIMO in the advanced wireless settings? Also have you tried to adjust the wireless channels?

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
twander
Tutor

I had this problem too but seems to have stopped being a problem when I switched the router back to the default password. With this change, the router and both satellites have the same PW so when devices move around among the RBK and RBS (which does happen), they connect properly. At least this solved my problem. 

Does anyone know how to change the satellite PW, or is this not possible, which seems stupid given my apparent solution to the problem.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7