Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI AC3000 not playing nicely with Meraki

sealinski
Follower

ORBI AC3000 not playing nicely with Meraki

Like many now I work from home. I have an Orbi RBK50 router and connected to that is my work set up, which includes a Meraki MX64W. When I connect it to my router (My  router acts as a semi splitter for all other connected internet in the unit) it turns white as it should meaning it is connected, but no internet comes through. My ISP and my IT don't seem to know what to do. THey say it could be double NAT'ing, but when I put my router in Access Point mode it completely messed everything up. When I had this same problem months ago, I changed my DNS addresses to the Google one 8888,8844 and it actually solved thre problem, but not this time. Any ideason what I can do? Thanks

P.S. And I guess this could also be an ISP issue as well, and have nothing to do with the Orbi.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
vajim
Master

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@sealinski wrote:

Like many now I work from home. I have an Orbi RBK50 router and connected to that is my work set up, which includes a Meraki MX64W. When I connect it to my router (My  router acts as a semi splitter for all other connected internet in the unit) it turns white as it should meaning it is connected, but no internet comes through. My ISP and my IT don't seem to know what to do. THey say it could be double NAT'ing, but when I put my router in Access Point mode it completely messed everything up. When I had this same problem months ago, I changed my DNS addresses to the Google one 8888,8844 and it actually solved thre problem, but not this time. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks

It would really be helpful to see a rough diagram of how this is set up.  My imagination is....

ISP modem (model number? "modem only"?, combination modem/router/wifi? router or bridge mode?) connected to Orbi WAN port

(if the ISP is "only a modem", then the Orbi cannot be in access point mode)

Orbi RBR50 router providing WiFi to "non-work" client devices (wired and WiFi)

--Orbi LAN port connected to Meraki MX64W (combination router/firewall/WiFi device?)

Work devices connected to Meraki (wired or WiFi?)

What "turns white"?  Never blue?

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

Which devices get no internet? (everything connected to the Orbi? work devices connectedto Meraki?)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7