Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI Authenication error

zcobrausa
Aspirant

ORBI Authenication error

I have had the RB50 router with 2 satellites for about a year and it has worked great.  After the last Android update my phone loses connection and shows "authenication error occurred".  I have checked the firmware on the ORBI and it was the latest edition.  If I turn off the wifi on the phone and then turn it back on it works for a while and then I get kicked off again.  It only happens at home and not on other wifi networks so I assume it has to do with the ORBI software.  Any fixes?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to forget the orbi network on the phone and connect to it again?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
zcobrausa
Aspirant

I have tried that.  I also tried running the phone in safe mode.  Sometimes the phone will stay on the network for a couple hours and other times just a few minutes.  If I turn the wifi off and then back on it will reconnect.  

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

what android phone are you using?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
zcobrausa
Aspirant

Galaxy S6

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

have you updated the firmware on the phone I know samsung released a patch they made it have problems on mesh networks and then patched it.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
Skalsky
Tutor

My wife & I have the same exactly problem with Samsung S6 after security update on my phone.  Now it drops we off the router and is very flakey.  We have the ORBI with 2.0.0.74 firmware

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7