Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI Blocking all sites & asking for pw

Linabeena
Follower

ORBI Blocking all sites & asking for pw

Since Netgear itself seems to have no answer to this, can anyone help me figure out how to fix the issue I have with my Orbi?  When I am on the Orbi network and try to go to a website), I'm asked to enter a login and password.... for ANY and all websites...  There was a thread that said this issue was solved (but it's not for me).  A user said to go into the Orbi settings / security and add "https:" to allowed sites, but when I try to go into "Security" via the Orbi app on on login using my laptop, the only option that comes up under Security is an option to activate a trial to joing Netgear Armor.  I've gone through the other settings.... I can't find any place to change allowances.  

I have rebooted and I have set up as a new installation, twice.  Nothing works.  The wifi works, but when I use the Orbi network I still can't get to any websites.  

Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI Blocking all sites & asking for pw

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Use a PC or laptop connected to the RBR and use a web browser to log in to the RBRs web page to make changes there. 

@Linabeena wrote:

Since Netgear itself seems to have no answer to this, can anyone help me figure out how to fix the issue I have with my Orbi?  When I am on the Orbi network and try to go to a website), I'm asked to enter a login and password.... for ANY and all websites...  There was a thread that said this issue was solved (but it's not for me).  A user said to go into the Orbi settings / security and add "https:" to allowed sites, but when I try to go into "Security" via the Orbi app on on login using my laptop, the only option that comes up under Security is an option to activate a trial to joing Netgear Armor.  I've gone through the other settings.... I can't find any place to change allowances.  

I have rebooted and I have set up as a new installation, twice.  Nothing works.  The wifi works, but when I use the Orbi network I still can't get to any websites.  

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7