Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI Device List Incorrect

smilepak
Tutor

ORBI Device List Incorrect

Anyone experience the Orbi device list is incorrect. None of the descriptions matches back to the MAC ID on the devices. It makes things very confusing to figure out which device is which. 

I am on the firmware V2.2.1.210

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: ORBI Device List Incorrect

This’s a known issue in the current software (2.2.1.210).
There’s an ongoing beta software that is being tested now and it seems that the device list issue is much improved there.
Message 2 of 4

@ekhalil wrote:
This’s a known issue in the current software (2.2.1.210).

It is also something that Netgear managed to inflict on any number of different routers. It is slowly working its way through them with fixes.

You can also get different results with different ways of looking at the attached devices, browser, desktop app, mobile app.

Message 3 of 4
stevespo
Aspirant

The device list has never been good, but has gotten significantly worse with the new firmware.  For me, it's no guests visible - ever!  Most 2.4Ghz connections are not displayed.  It's different from the web UI and the mobile app.

These types of regressions are very difficult to wrap my head around.  If they introduce bugs around something as basic/simple as device list display from version to version, what else are they screwing up?   Hello, engineering/QA?

I regularly upgrade my networking hardware and the overall Orbi experience has been disappointing.  I've relegated my Orbi to AP mode sitting behind a dedicated firewall and a security appliance.  

Steve

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7